Thread: z axis stall

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Default z axis stall

One of my machines is giving me a z axis stall , It gives me the error as soon as I select a pattern. any ideas ? I did replace the cut motor and the wires are connected

I assume the z truck moves freely and is not physically stuck. Look closely and see if the z truck twitches before the stall. If it moves, the problem is probably the encoder disc. It may be loose or dirty. If it does not move, it could be a 24V power problem (the other servos would also not run). Either case could be the FFC wire. Did you run the y and z motor tests?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I assume the z truck moves freely and is not physically stuck. Look closely and see if the z truck twitches before the stall. If it moves, the problem is probably the encoder disc. It may be loose or dirty. If it does not move, it could be a 24V power problem (the other servos would also not run). Either case could be the FFC wire. Did you run the y and z motor tests?
    Could not have said it better.....

My money is on a loose FFC Cable at the top.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com