Thread: Simple Smartphone Stand

Default Simple Smartphone Stand

I made this simple design based on a plastic model from Thingiverse. My first attempt at the STL importing the design and slicing it didn't work out quite right., too flimsy. So I designed my own in the Carvewright designer. My concept was to make the smartphone stand similar to those multi-wood striped chopping boards that you see for sale. This is the prototype made out of pine, stained with Pecan and a few coats of varnish, basically stuff I had at hand. It might need a slight tweak for the newer iPhone 6 family, to stop them sliding off. But till I get one to test I wont know. I'll update the design if needed.

This is a very simple design made up of 4 identical pieces and one middle piece with a slight carving out to allow the charging cable to pass through. Carve them out, separate them form the wood and glue them together with the individual one in the middle. Stain and varnish accordingly. The outside end pieces could be enhanced with a pattern or the name of the owners smartphone. That will be my next test. However, for now I have uploaded the pattern and a few pictures. Need to go to the store and buy some wood to finish the project now!

Also a big thank you to Tech support in helping me resolve an intermittent problem. I also added the DC insert to help with dust control. I custom made an adapter for it to go into my shopvac. (Picture also enclosed).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1654.jpg   IMG_1653.jpg   IMG_1647.jpg   IMG_1646.JPG  

Attached Files Attached Files