Thread: tracking off (I think)

Default tracking off (I think)

Having trouble with machine cutting accurately, I have made two of M.T. weave bread box projects. both of them turned out ok but had to do some repair work to the sides , the sides are cut as mirror images of each other. The two sides did not come out the same. most noticeable were the dado's where the top goes, they were not in same location on both. had to add some stock on one and remove some on the other to get proper alignment. I have also noticed that on other two sided carves box tops etc.. things are skewed a little. Can someone send me in right direction to correct problem? thanks
    Mike

If they are skewed in the X or board length direction I would check head pressure, tracking roller, and put masking tape on the bottom of the board to give the brass roller something to bite into. And what belts? Sand Paper belts have been known to roll up.

If in the Y direction check the Y Gear Box Bearings for being worn out.

MT may chime in too.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Had the very same problem this week - cutting out legs for a baby crib and the danged things were way off.......finally calibrated the X and Y axes and they're perfect.

Simple to do - look at the maint. tutorials on CW's website - takes only a couple minutes.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

It was skewed in the X direction, always use two layers of tape, have rubber belts, all most new Y gearbox, Will try the calibration and see if it cure's the problem. Thanks Al and cnsranch.

Ok I checked the calibration on the x axis it is dead on. Read an post day or so ago and there was a pattern given to check the tracking, it was an 8.5 x 8.5 board with a diamond in the middle and two 1/8 cuts around the diamond. I ran it and it looks really good. so are there any other ideas as to the problem ?
    Thanks;

Replaced the worn O ring on mine to fix this problem. My Queen Box, Princess Box and new Grandma Box have to be dead on for the 2 sided carves to match. My B machine was 1/8' off. O rind fixed it.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Yes i have seen the projects you speak of, want to try to carve but not till i get this issue solved, will try the o-ring thanks for the tip.

Always us Masking Tape !!!!!!
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Thanks, I never carve without it. it is cheap insurance