Thread: A few just completed

Default A few just completed

Trying to expand my stock for the holidays...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg   image.jpg  
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

What type of paint are you using? Is this all done on corian? If so what thickness?
    Great Cleveland Browns Logo.

Caneman,
    i use standard latex hobby paints, then seal with "Krylon" clear gloss. All of these designs are done on 1/2" Corian. I usually don't go deeper than a .085 depth when cutting Corian.
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Gary,

Where do you get your Corian from? I haven't carved with it yet and would like to find out places that offer it affordably.

Nice work, btw.

Woody

All your projects are very well done. Really like the Halloween sayings.

Sharon, as usual thanks for your positive remarks.
    Woody, I usually go to kitchen and bath countertop manufacturers and ask for their sink cutouts. Some give them away, others ask for money, just depends. Recently had luck on Craig's List. Happy hunting!!!
    Gary

Nicely done carvings and especially your painting from a former Clevelander.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

How are you dealing with the static cling of the acrylic chips? I have a Ringneck Blues DC on mine which works fine for wood but anything Acrylic (solid surface, Lexan, etc.) sends chips all over the machine. I've screwed up two Y axis gear sets from seemingly minor accumulations of these on the Y drive belt. Any hints on how to control it short of stopping the machine every five minutes and sucking them out with a shop vac?

Capt. Bruce, Sorry to lose you- I think Cleveland's in my blood at this point.
    200k, I have a downdraft table, and although I do get accumulations, I vacuum at bit changes with a shop vac with a ground wire running through the hose. I clean and lube very well after the last carve of the day. Remove the bottom panel for cleaning every 3-4 carving days. Knock on wood, never had any major break downs dealing with chips.
    Gary