Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clear Board Sensor

I printed out the PDF file for changing to the upgrade. I checked it out and seen the note about verifying that the probe connection is correct and it covers the part about the scan probe being on cover instead of "Z" truck. I'm guessing that the was the reason I was unable to get my probe working, probably set on the wrong one at the time.

I disassembled the parts I needed for the upgrade according to the upgrade PDF file, just awaiting the parts now. The sensor cable was indeed pinched between the guard and the wire trench, have two cables coming.

Interesting thing I noticed while I was looking at the pictures that was on your reply. If something is hard to discern (as in the number of wires in a cable), by taking a picture and the blowing it up on the computer it becomes a whole lot clearer, I'll have to remember that.

18 pins in the first 2007 FFC cable and 14 in the upgrade.

Extra wires were for the now gone...

Z Truck homing sensor
    Another Magnetic speed sensor
    Probe data at the truck
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

In preperation to replace the sensor cable, do you take off the Z truck by removing the top roller with a wrench (in your picture, only one is removed)? It appears that is the case in your pictures but I don't want to assume anything and damage something. If that is the case, is it counter clockwise?

Normally you turn the top rollers as you will notice the top rollers are pinch rollers and the hole is offset. Designed to be turned to pinch down on the rails.

It is likely you will damage the screw heads removing or when you loosen the bearings. They are soft screws. They are metric. Somewhere is a PDF on the procedure and yes, you will need to remove the Y Truck. As for turning the nut... In my picture of the Z truck, moving the wrench down or clockwise as you look at the picture from the head of the screw too loosen.

The best trick is to hold the screw head with a new screwdriver and turn the nut. You may need to drill out the screw head after stripping as I needed to so after I stripped the screw. That is why the bearing is missing.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06290_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-14-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Hhmmm, If I push the Y truck down that is in your picture with the belt removed I can get to the screw for the top pinch roller of the Z truck. Are you saying this screw is left hand threads and you have to turn clockwise to remove????

Looked at the PDF file, removed the belt fastner end on the mount, two small phillips screws. Turned the pinch roller adjustment nuts to open the gap, the whole unit came off clean, should be easy to change cable. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01959.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	71714

Good job so far.... That little white cable gets pulled off, it's glued and may snap the circuit board inside the Z Truck but it is no longer used. The new 14 pin board won't have anything to plug that cable into.

AL

After all that, it did not change a thing. Scan option was cover. Took extra care with the cables, printed out the PDF file for changing to the 14 wire cable and how to lace it, all went well, new sensor cable was installed (sensor is new). Turned unit on, went through the steps (rollers), next thing came up was (Clear Bd Sensor). Went to sensor reading, it was as before a reading of 140, ran back and forth over the board, never varied by more then 1. Everything is new, sensor, sensor cable and the Z-Motor Pack including a new FCC Cable and Head Connector Board.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast