Thread: Merge two objects

Default Merge two objects

I'm trying to create a sign in which I have a rectangle body with arc part way on the top. I use design 1.187, I thought grouping the object would work, that didn't, selecting the objects separately or all, the merge option is grayed out. I have merge to patterns, but having brain freeze on this.
    Any help would be appreciated.

If these are vector elements you're trying to merge I believe you need create a rectangle with the top portion deleted from the area where the arc is. Then you'll need to select both elements and place the arc nodes on the rectangle nodes until you see the "crosshairs" appear. That indicates that the two nodes are joined. Do this for both ends of the arc and it will then form a single vector that you can use for a carve region or other element.

Hope that helps.
    Tracy

World's largest supplier of custom carved firewood.

Default Sign with arc top

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Victor View Post
    I'm trying to create a sign in which I have a rectangle body with arc part way on the top. I use design 1.187, I thought grouping the object would work, that didn't, selecting the objects separately or all, the merge option is grayed out. I have merge to patterns, but having brain freeze on this.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Are you looking for something Like this?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 09-02-2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added more examples
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Are you looking for something Like this?
    Steve, Yes. Sorry I'm late on seeing your response. How did you accomplish the merge?

Bob