Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: architectural

Default architectural

Found this free pattern online so cant take credit for the modeling. Was fun to study the wireframes and figure out how someone made this. This file was HUGE when subdivided so was hard to convert to a good .stl file from .obj. It kept crashing Aspire so had to lower the subdivision in Zbrush with decimination master. Looks like it will carve good. The depth map render is high subdivide but it would but was too big for .stl Not for e-bay re-sale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.8.jpg   Untitled-1.jpg   ~BrushAlpha.BMP  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

John,

Nice job converting it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Nice one John remind me of the German design
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

4. Default

That has a beautiful intricate design.

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Found this free pattern online so cant take credit for the modeling. Was fun to study the wireframes and figure out how someone made this. This file was HUGE when subdivided so was hard to convert to a good .stl file from .obj. It kept crashing Aspire so had to lower the subdivision in Zbrush with decimination master. Looks like it will carve good. The depth map render is high subdivide but it would but was too big for .stl Not for e-bay re-sale
    Nice job, John! Which version of Aspire are you using...is it the most current one? How much RAM on the computer you were using when importing that model into Aspire?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Hey Michael,

Aspire 4.5.Not my computer..12 gig ram...not worried about it crashing. The file was HUGE like 600mb. It crashed zbrush a couple times but finaly exported. I'm sure you know if it can crash Zbrush it's big lol.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Really a great pattern, glad to see you're still active here on the forum. Many of us appreciate your talents and willingness to share.
    Thx for the pattern,
    Rick H

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Hey Michael,

Aspire 4.5.Not my computer..12 gig ram...not worried about it crashing. The file was HUGE like 600mb. It crashed zbrush a couple times but finaly exported. I'm sure you know if it can crash Zbrush it's big lol.
    Yep...that was a BIG file! Thankfully, we are seeing more 'adaptive mesh' being used by 3D modeling/mesh software. Keeps the mesh small where it needs to be (for detail) and allows a larger mesh for smoother, less detailed areas of a model. The free Sculptris was an early example using that technique, with the goal in mind of keeping the final overall file size more manageable!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Yeah..this had so many pieces. The straights on the frame are very low but the other stuff..man there was a lot of it and when crank up the SD to get a carveable model it got huge. Decimination master in Zbrush usually works VERY well. I have taken models with like 12mil polys and brought down to 500k with losing zero detail...lol not this one
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

A really nice one John, and beautiful too boot.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast