Thread: simple rotate question (I hope)

Default simple rotate question (I hope)

Trying to keep my questions to a minimum on here because I believe my questions have probably already been answered but I can't find this one.
    So maybe someone can help.

Basically I am tracing the outline of a footprint jpeg in designer with spline tool. After that I would like to copy it over and over and change the angles of the footprints.
    My problem is I can't change the angle of the footprint. Why can't I highlight the spline footprint and rotate it like a pattern?, am I missing something simple or do I have to draw each footprint individually at the angles I need which would not be worth it at that point.

Thanks
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Miahl71 View Post
    Trying to keep my questions to a minimum on here because I believe my questions have probably already been answered but I can't find this one.
    So maybe someone can help.

Basically I am tracing the outline of a footprint jpeg in designer with spline tool. After that I would like to copy it over and over and change the angles of the footprints.
    My problem is I can't change the angle of the footprint. Why can't I highlight the spline footprint and rotate it like a pattern?, am I missing something simple or do I have to draw each footprint individually at the angles I need which would not be worth it at that point.

Thanks
    Jeremy
    Don't hesitate to ask away....

You cannot rotate vector drawing paths, but you can rotate patterns.

Trick: Give it a carve region, group and do MAKE PATTERN, then you can rotate as you like. After placed where you want, right click and select outline path and delete the pattern, now you have the vector, again.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks Lynn I will try that

I carved region and grouped but when I went to use the MAKE PATTERN icon it was greyed out so I could not select why is this?
    Thanks

After you group you have to select all before the make pattern icon is active.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Geomoo1 View Post
    After you group you have to select all before the make pattern icon is active.
    Great thanks to you both I knew it couldn't be too difficult.

You need to select the group.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com