Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: many hour C machine wants unlock code?

Did its introduction coincide with moving manufacturing to China? Maybe it's an anti counterfeiting measure?

So where does one find the unlock code if it happens? I have no idea what mine is.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

3. Default

Log into your customer account on the main carvewright page. (link is at the bottom of web page). Your unlock code will show there.

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    Log into your customer account on the main carvewright page. (link is at the bottom of web page). Your unlock code will show there.
    Thanks a lot Hal. I have been on my account page many times, but just didn't notice the unlock code.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
    Thanks a lot Hal. I have been on my account page many times, but just didn't notice the unlock code.

Mike
    Your Welcome.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Unlock codes were introduced in C machines - A's and B's do not use them.

Settings such as whether the machine has been unlocked or not are stored in an EEPROM which can fail on occasions due to the nature of writing to the device. Reading can fail in the same way. It has nothing to do with manufacturing or whether power is left attached to the machine.

It fails in the same way an SD card or USB stick fails. Unlike those devices, the controller has built-in defaults which are used when reading fails, so this becomes an annoyance rather than a show-stopper.

Until you get locked out. In that case, I can send you a file which re-writes the unlock code.

Thanks for the explanation but you never said why it is there. Are the machines purchased or licensed? If purchased there is no need for a lock code. JMHO although very interested in the response.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Default Need to re-write unlock code.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    Unlock codes were introduced in C machines - A's and B's do not use them.

Settings such as whether the machine has been unlocked or not are stored in an EEPROM which can fail on occasions due to the nature of writing to the device. Reading can fail in the same way. It has nothing to do with manufacturing or whether power is left attached to the machine.

It fails in the same way an SD card or USB stick fails. Unlike those devices, the controller has built-in defaults which are used when reading fails, so this becomes an annoyance rather than a show-stopper.

Until you get locked out. In that case, I can send you a file which re-writes the unlock code.
    My machine is asking for my unlock code but won't accept it when I input it. Can you send the file to re-write it please? thank you.

Off topic but a little insite... About 14 years ago, Sony lost a train car load of Play Station 2's near Chicago when a gang with inside Railroad info hopped the car on a hill and miles later tossed boxes of PS2's to waiting guys... Was a Dateline story about it once... When I worked at the Philly Sony service center 12 years ago fixing them..... We saw the PS2 was on the list but for PR reasons fixed them under warranty and said nothing. A unlock code was tossed around as a fix for non retail sales.... It would just require the user to register the unit with Sony.

Could be some of the thinking behind the unlock code... Plus Warranty time tracking... Lots of good reasons on the maker's side if you look at it from the LHR side.

Not a good time before a big weekend to be down....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-29-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Mine went into demo mode quite a while back, and it turned out to be a Windows update that messed it up. Did a System restore to an earlier date and it took care of the problem.

Worth a try.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast