Thread: Faunt depth

Default Faunt depth

Can someone please tell me how I can make a deeper and more bold font carving on a sigh 1.75 thick using center line ?

Quote Originally Posted by ONLY WINGE View Post
    Can someone please tell me how I can make a deeper and more bold font carving on a sigh 1.75 thick using center line ?
    Depth is determined by the width of the font strokes. Use a font with thicker strokes and select Bold.

Post your mpc.

You can't select anything with center line,, It determines everything after you choose a font ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

You can drop the bit down slightly after the bit check, but I would not go too much as it could burn the bit and put too much strain on the machine. Use the 90 degree instead of the 60 maybe.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

60 degree will carve deeper for a given font character size. If you want wider cuts, use bold or choose a "fat" font. Centerline does have a built in max depth it will carve in centerline and once you hit that depth it makes two passes if the width is too much to make in a single pass.