Thread: Check cut motor

Default Check cut motor

Can someone help ? When my machine starts to cut, it stops and shows "CHECK CUT MOTOR HIT ENTER TO PROCED" I hit enter and everything carves. The cut motor seams to be working fine and the shaft is lubed good. I vacuumed the machine and the motor as good as I can after every use and keep everything lubed.
    Thanks
    Davidbf

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

The cut motor reports the RPM to the controller on the machine. If the cutmotor's RPM is not the correct speed, or if it is not reporting at all, this error comes up. Pressing enter will run the cutmotor in a 'best-guess' mode of power control (versus monitoring and adjusting power based on desired RPM speed).

This is a normal quirk in the machine. Even I have it... As I understand it, the machine looks at the RPM at the beginning of a carve and as the machine ages the RPM is slower... Slightly slower... The machine calls "TILT" and gives you the warning... Press enter and all is back to normal but you may hear the machine speed up...

When I was cutting the many sheets of plastic I would hold my fingers over the motor muffler for 20 seconds at the start of the carve and induce a quicker CCM (Check Cut Motor) just to get it over with... so I could get back to work... This happened when I shut off the machine between projects. What I did find by accident was that if I left the power on while I setup the next carve, when the machine got to the normal CCM point, the machine would NOT FAULT but just speed up....

It is my unofficial theory that your machine a 2009 I believe, has a worn copper commutator that is smaller in diameter. This in theory may make the motor run slower... just a throry... Newer motors run normal speed.... Hence... "Post like... I never have CCM...".

Then you have Flex Shaft Drag... or resistance....

So it is semi normal... Only doing it on the first bit of a carve... even a 2 sided carve.... first bit back side only.

AL

Edit: Did not see post above until after I posted. That is the official and correct answer from #1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02576_WEB.jpg   DSC02661_WEB.jpg   DSC03345_WEB.jpg   DSC01459_WEB.jpg  

DSC06261_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-31-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Not necessarily slower, maybe not reporting at all. Go to the check sensors menu (0-8 on the machine), scroll to the cutmotor reading, then spin the bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    Not necessarily slower, maybe not reporting at all. Go to the check sensors menu (0-8 on the machine), scroll to the cutmotor reading, then spin the bit.
    In my case the magnet and sensor are working as seen on the check sensor. But way back in 2007 when the magnet was thrown from the cut motor you would get CCM all the time. The plastic retainer fixed that. My yellow heat shrink was a fail very quickly.

I believe my excess lubrication of the flex and the solvent in the lube was the reason for the early fail. We have learned much since 2007.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06224_WEB.jpg   DSC06143_WEB.jpg   DSC06243_WEB.jpg   DSC06248_WEB.jpg  

DSC06268_WEB.jpg   DSC06271_WEB.jpg   DSC06462_WEB.jpg   DSC06456_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-31-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks for the help. The RPM thing makes since but I will check the magnet anyway. HAPPY CARVING and may everyone be better tomorrow than they were today.
    David