Thread: Some Letters Larger Than Others

Default Some Letters Larger Than Others

I am making a plaque with the abbreviated months on it. The M on Mar is larger Than the M on May and the O,N,D on October, November, and December are larger than the other months. I am using Andalus font. What might be the cause? Thanks, Using 187.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your Mar is bigger overall than your May (it's not just the "M" that's bigger...every letter is bigger). The easiest way to make them the same size is copy/paste the word May, then text edit the copy by replacing the letter "y" with the letter "r". The result should be the Mar is now the same size as May. Now you can delete the big Mar and use the smaller one you just made.

I noticed there are several months that are not the same size. Pick a size you like, then try the copy/paste/text edit on those too. Of course, you can always type in a size and/or manually resize if you wish, by dragging the handles, but won't be as accurate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails family-month-sizes.png  
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 07-31-2014 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added photo
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks for your reply. I did type the height I wanted the months up in the tool bar area. They were all set at 1 inch. Whenever I type in a specific size I want something to be, (say 1"X1"), it will change one of the measurements. Is there a way to lock the measurements. I hope I'm making sense. Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I did type the height I wanted the months up in the tool bar area. They were all set at 1 inch. Whenever I type in a specific size I want something to be, (say 1"X1"), it will change one of the measurements. Is there a way to lock the measurements. I hope I'm making sense. Thanks again for your help.
    The height setting won't get you the same size letters if you have lower-case letters like a "y" or a "g" for example. Those throw off the overall dimension between the text you set at 1" that don't have any lower case letters that go below the baseline of the text. That's why I suggested the copy/paste/text edit method. That should work fine for you.

The padlock icon between the dimension input boxes is either set to "lock" (which tells the software to automatically change the other dimension in direct proportion to the dimension you changed), or the padlock icon will show as "unlocked" which allows you to change either dimension independently.

You can "lock" or "unlock" the padlock any time by just clicking on it. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 08-01-2014 at 07:32 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thank you very much Michael. I know this is the test forum and I have posted on the main forum before, but for the like of me I can't remember how to post on it and include attachments. If you would help me with this I promise I won't bother you with my petty questions for a while (Maybe) LOL Thanks again. Have a wonderful day.