Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some opinions - I'm thinking of making a flex shaft temperature monitor

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    I have had 3 A machines before I got my B then added a C. I have NEVER had a heating problem with my flex shafts after the 3rd lubing with Lubraplate 930AA. It takes 3 times for it to really penetrate. Of coarse I do re-lube every few months. They run barely warm. I did replace the spacer spring on the B a while back.
    Clint
    I'm with you Clint. I have a "B" machine with well over 1500 cut motor hours (best guess as I haven't checked lately) and I still have the original cut motor and flex shaft. I've never had a flex-shaft over heat. Also, I've only lubed the flex-shaft maybe a half a dozen times in the last 6 years or so with the recommended lube. I do have spares just in case.
    Steve

2. Default

Speaking of temps for the flexshaft, I have been working on some ideas of a cooling coil to maintain a safe temp. Not sure yet exactly how to accomplish it, but my brain is buzzing with ideas. I don't want to know if it gets hot, I want it to stay cool.

Ed, flex shaft temp should NOT be an issue anymore. Use the correct lubricant and monitor it to NOT have an issue.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I do a "Pet the Snake" after the first bit cuts at bit change on a regular basis. At the first sign of any heat, I wait until it is finished and pull the flex and pull the core 1/2 way out and squirt a dime size glob of Chain Lube in the center and push it back in... Nothing special but it works for me. I believe the habbit of petting the snake and watching every bit touch is just normal operation for me. I have seen a non bit touch and have been able to stop and fix before making fire wood.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123