Thread: How to organize patterns

Default How to organize patterns

New to the CW world and indulged on downloading a few patterns from the sharing area. So now that I have patterns I would like to delete, I can find them.

I am using a Mac and can see the patterns when I open Designer 3.0 but I'm not able to delete them. Thanks in advance for anyone able to assist.

-Al

I am not a Mac user so not much help on that end, but are you asking about trying to delete them within designer or to where ever you have them saved on your computer?

If your not sure where they are on your computer, do a search for "*.ptn". This should point you to the locations. Just be cautious about deleting anything in the "main folders" that designer created when you install it.

If in designer for the ones in your pattern list "favorites" you should be able to right click on a pattern and select delete. If you can not delete them there most likely they have been saved into your carvewright users folder where the favorites and purchased patterns/projects go when activate them.

Do not double click or try to open any files with ".mpn" extensions. If you do you will add a duplicate in the pattern list in designer.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

In windows,, while in designer, open blank board,, open the pattern list,, find what pattern U want ,, Right click on it and U should get the option to delete .. Not sure if apple works like that !!!
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Thanks for your help. Using the MAC seems to throw a different wrench into the equation.

I've got a Mac and it works just like kjtwilliams said.