Thread: Won't accept unlock code

Default Won't accept unlock code

While trying to get my new rotary jig calibrated I took a break and turned off the machine. When I returned, inserted the flash card and turned the machine on it is now telling me that I have to register the machine and to enter the unlock code. I entered the code, pressed enter and it just sits there. I thought maybe it was the flash card so I tried my spare with the same results. Any suggestions as to what is wrong or what to do now?
    George

I have seen and heard of people having to input the unlock code again (and again). The computer somehow forgets. (Bad EEPROM maybe?) If the right code does not work, is seems bad to me. Maybe it forgot the original code put in at the factory. You will have to phone tomorrow and hope they have a workaround cheaper than a new computer!

Had this happen to me and More than likely the controller (computer) is bad. Flash the cards and try once more. You can check you unlock code on line under your account. Sounds like you took a static hit some how.

Controller is about $300 plus core and shipping to replace it.

Thanks for the replies. I did check the unlock code on-line and it is the same as the one I entered. It's not the cards, I've tried two different cards. If it is the controller I guess I am the proud owner of a new boat anchor. I have wasted too much money on getting this thing to work. I am really sorry that I just wasted even more on the 3.0 upgrade, DXF software and the rotary jig. Over $700 and I can't even use it. Too much money for someone on a fixed income. I only hope I can call tomorrow and get some good news. Otherwise this thing is going up for sale.
    George

Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Hope it is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomoo1 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I did check the unlock code on-line and it is the same as the one I entered. It's not the cards, I've tried two different cards. If it is the controller I guess I am the proud owner of a new boat anchor. I have wasted too much money on getting this thing to work. I am really sorry that I just wasted even more on the 3.0 upgrade, DXF software and the rotary jig. Over $700 and I can't even use it. Too much money for someone on a fixed income. I only hope I can call tomorrow and get some good news. Otherwise this thing is going up for sale.
    Who knows - with luck maybe LHR would only need reprogram you card. - Sending you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Geomoo1 View Post
    Did you ever find out the unlock code how did it go Geo
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Henry, I knew the unlock code from the start. The machine just wouldn't accept it. I ended up sending the power and controller boards back to LHR for testing Monday. Guess I will be down for another couple or three weeks. I have had, literally, more down time on this machine in the approx. year and a half I have had it than carve time. I love it when it's running but it's turned into a real money pit to keep it running.
    George

Did you get your machine fixed? I'm having the same problem. Like you, I've more down time than up. The company ought to offer some sort of extended warranty or repair insurance on these machines.

Quote Originally Posted by rflournoy View Post
    Did you get your machine fixed? I'm having the same problem. Like you, I've more down time than up. The company ought to offer some sort of extended warranty or repair insurance on these machines.
    I ended up having to send the computer back for testing. After testing they found nothing wrong and shipped it back. I re-installed it and the machine ran fine. So, I spent the cost of shipping both ways, and the testing fee for nothing.
    In another thread LHR said there is a program file they can send you that will reset the e-prom to accept the code. I have a sneaking suspicion that is what was done when I sent it in. If you call LHR about the problem ask about the file they can send you to fix this. Maybe you can save yourself the cost of shipping and testing fees.
    George