Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erwin Protucts Dust Collection Kit - BUY THIS PRODUCT WITH CONFIDENCE

What about the safety issue? Can LHR send out a repaired machine with, for example, a cut cover and no DC to fill the hole? Should one make sure the machine is "safe" before sending it in for repair?

In 2007 I sent my machine in for a Warranty Repair, before I learned the Machine and I had my cover cut for my black collector, one of the first such collectors. LHR called me and gave me the option to pay for a replacement cover or send it back like it was sent in... I had them send it back the same. Since the slot for the cover is not that big, I did not see it as a safety issue. But much has changed since 2007.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03396_WEB.jpg   DSC03465_WEB.jpg   DSC03483_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

We repair and upgrade machines all of time that have the cover modified for inserts. I, personally, suggest to every prospective or new user to add an insert.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Can we get this from a representative of LHR that can confirm and guarantee? As Joe Lovchik considers comments from Connie as "not confirmed or guaranteed by LHR."

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    Can we get this from a representative of LHR that can confirm and guarantee? As Joe Lovchik considers comments from Connie as "not confirmed or guaranteed by LHR."
    Connie has the authority to confirm that, I'm sure. Cut the cover in warranty or not...makes no difference, for heaven's sake.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael,

I think you missed my point. Why would Connie have authority to confirm this but according to Joe not when she said free version of software would be one behind current. Just a little frustrated at the fact she is considered representative or not based on what the company decides later. I believe she is a representative and supports LHR far beyond a normal employee. I'm not bashing Connie at all! She works very hard and get us (forum members) answers that we need. I just wish LHR would stand behind the answers she provides.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Connie has the authority to confirm that, I'm sure. Cut the cover in warranty or not...makes no difference, for heaven's sake.

It seems that this has totally gotten off topic, CarveWright has stated in the past that simply cutting the clear cover for a dust collector accessory won't void the warranty.
    Installing the DUST DEVIL requires just a simple single straight cut on the clear cover. The main molded body of the DUST DEVIL is intended to mounted permanently and when
    installed per the instructions the clear cover will fit against the DUST DEVIL perfectly leaving no gaps so safety is not an issue.
    You will find that keeping the dust out of the machine will eliminate many maintenance issues and should help extend the life of the machine.
    DUST DEVIL
    Designed and Manufactured by a Professional Product Design Engineer for:
    O.E.M. like Form, Fit & Function

SIMPLY THE FINEST DUST COLLECTION SYSTEM AVAILABLE for CarveWright / Compucarve!
    The DUST DEVIL is the only system that provides suction the full width of the machine for unsurpassed dust collection!

http://www.erwinproducts.com/erwin_products_004.htm

We know that cutting the cover is ok for the warranty. It used to be that LHR could not return an unsafe machine with a cut cover. My question was if this was still the case. Can a machine be sent in with the DC removed or would the DC have to be with the machine to plug the unsafe hole? It is a liability question.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    We know that cutting the cover is ok for the warranty. It used to be that LHR could not return an unsafe machine with a cut cover. My question was if this was still the case. Can a machine be sent in with the DC removed or would the DC have to be with the machine to plug the unsafe hole? It is a liability question.
    I believe that as long as the customer states that they do not want a new cover installed the machine will be returned as it was sent in. LHR used to automatically install a new cover but that is not the case any more.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Just finished installing and it went really smooth, easy to follow instructions only took about 20 minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12