Thread: Pistol grips

Default Pistol grips

A client of mine asked me for a matching set of pistol grips to fit his pair of pistols. He supplied me with an existing set so I could use the probe to scan them into the program. After a little tweaking and playing with the program, this is what I ended up making carved out of Hard Maple. He will share more pictures with me after he gets them finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 146.jpg   pistol grip 006sm.jpg   pistol grip 001sm.jpg  

awesome job, I haven't had a reason to use the scanning probe maybe I'll will some time..

Quote Originally Posted by MillerMade View Post
    A client of mine asked me for a matching set of pistol grips to fit his pair of pistols. He supplied me with an existing set so I could use the probe to scan them into the program. After a little tweaking and playing with the program, this is what I ended up making carved out of Hard Maple. He will share more pictures with me after he gets them finished.
    Pistol grips are more difficult than meets the eye. Especially getting the mounting holes aligned. You did an outstanding job and I'm anxious to see the finished results.
    Steve

Well done. I like them.

dave

Very nice. What bit did you use to get such nice details?

Great job on the grips. The probe can sure pick up detail. I am glad they came out so well....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...