Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New cx power board

Great job recovering that carve. Don't forget to post the finished product.

Here is the mpc for Shanem. I have been working 60 hr weeks and have neglected my canoe. I will post some pics of the paddle soon.
    steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "...I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

3. Default

Really nice paddles, what kind of wood did you use?

I was told it was ash but the limbs and leaves had been burned before I got my sawmill to it. It really does make for a great contrasting accent.
    Steve
    "...I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

Default paddle pics

Here are some pics of my paddle. I decided not to stain the carve so it is hard to see the canoes through the grain of the wood, but in the sunlight, the show up a little better. Also shown is a center thwart for the canoe which was laminated with the same ash then carved through to the walnut using raster carve for the text. the lamination failed and six of the letters chipped off during the carve. I simply took the text off with a sander and re-laminated a small piece of ash in the center before re-carving. I am pleased with that piece as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6122b.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	377.5 KB 
ID:	70797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6123a.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	379.9 KB 
ID:	70798
    Thanks again to all of the forum members for the support and interest. I honestly believe that this forum is the most effective and useful part of my entire carvewright experience. Happy carving to you all.
    Steve

Isaac Newton

Love the grain and the product. Once it ages a little the inlay may show up more but when it's in your hands I'm sure there's enough visibility. Planning out the finished product obviously took some time, great project and thanks for sharing.
    Rick H.

The new power board has been performing without error for at least 20hrs. Congratulations to CW for this long overdue improvement. I am saving up a little every week to purchase the 3D pattern modeling suite which, I hope, will enable me to fine tune my future projects more easily.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6145a.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	538.9 KB 
ID:	70945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6146a.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	529.2 KB 
ID:	70946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6148a.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	70947
    The paddle on the right was carved with my CW while the one on the left was hand carved. I had a lot of shaping to do after the carve due to my inexperience with the pattern tools. I can't wait to experiment with the 3D puffing feature and eventually the rotary jig.
    Keep posting all of your projects and techniques. I have learned as much or more from reading the forum as I have from the software tutorials. Thanks again everyone. Happy carving.
    Steve

Isaac Newton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12