Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Z- stall 06 0313 press stop"

I have been watching this waiting for some of his feedback as to which way to go.... Yes, Power Supply or Connectors are susspect...

Remember to un plug the machine before playing in the bottom of the machine.....

I would un plug and re plug the power supply and computer connectors.... Gentle Please....

I would also un plug the FFC Cable on both ends and inspect..... Again, Enviromental over the winter... Could Moisture have caused Corrosion on the contacts?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

It's 3:15pm and I'm on my way out to the shop and remove the bottom cover.. after I watch the video carefully and I'll attach some pictures to show
    what I have.

Default Photos of underside

Here are the photos of the underside
    If you need additional photo let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08785.JPG   DSC08789.JPG   DSC08786.JPG   DSC08781.JPG  

Carefully, cleaned out bottom, removed all plugs and plugged back in... everything looked shiny and new with no obvious corrosion. I couldn't remove the fcc cable for some reason. Put bottom back on same results only a cleaner machine.

When I turn on my machine, the y and z axis immediately get power and resist movement by hand. I think this is a good test as to whether they are getting power. Move the y back and forth by hand and then turn on the machine. The resistance to movement should change. If it does not change, I would say there is no power to the motors and you have a power supply problem.

If you have a volt meter, the 24v could be tested.

I'll be working with my local Start-U member tomorrow evening to determine my problem. thanks for all your input.

Sounds good. Let us know if it turns out to be the power supply.

Replaced the power supply and the machine started up working fine, started carving then it stopped with a power fluctuation message, several times within a simple 14 minute carve. Where should I address my concern now.

I would think that either some component of the machine is drawing too much power or your plug outlet is not providing enough power or you got a bad power supply.

Try it on a different plug circuit. If it still does it, send it back for another one. What else can you do?

I tried it on a different plug circuit than I was using for my dust collector and I still have the same problem... check your message board

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast