Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem chain, QC, Y drive assembly, board sensor @ 151 but get error

Al,

Where do I look for this Plastic Brass Roller Bracket? If I look straight down from the home position, all I see is black metal. I am obviously looking at the wrong place.

Thanks for the help.

texasinmi

More diagnostics:

1. The board sensor reading at home is 0, over the board it is 151. Still getting some board sensor errors. I do not think it should be 0 at home, there ought to be some signal or it could give me the board sensor error, I think.

2. At home, I look straight down and there is an opening below the bit. It is just to the left of the brass roller. In it there looks like a 3 pronged folk. I felt the center one and it appeared to be rough, like the bit had hit it. But it was not drilled through, just rough.

3. I pushed the truck to the middle and pushed it down. Started the carve setup, answered yes to the Keep the board under the rollers question. The truck was picked up, started to move to the home and as it went over the piece of wood it dipped a little in the Z axis and threw a Z stall error, E06-0313.

Thanks,

texasinmi

So no drilled hole in the area where the bit goes down on the left..... ?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

If I recall, the "hole" stall happens at the sliding plate. After going into the hole, it thinks the board is thicker and then stalls at the sliding plate.

Stalling at the tracking sensor is new to me. Does it actually make it down to the touch or does it stall up higher? If it stalls by hitting the tracking roller touch point, I would have to say it is a data problem. Either a problem with the FFC ribbon or the z motor encoder. With all the problems you have been having, I would carefully inspect the FFC ribbon.

It stalls at several places:

1. At the home position, it will stall at the top, in the middle and at the bottom.
    2. After I have loaded a bit, as the truck is moving sliding back to home, it will dip a little as it goes across the board and stall there.
    3. After answering the question Stay under the board, the truck will try to go up and down and stall then
    4. It always stalls on the keyboard side
    5. I have wiggled the FSC cable but never got it to stall as a result.
    6. From a central position, with the truck manually pushed down, it never stall pulling the truck up
    7. I have serviced the Z rails to make sure they are clean.
    8. The Z rails are no longer shinny silver, like the Y rails are. They have some dark places on them. However the truck moves up and down smoothly.

Thanks a lot,

texasinmi

I come in this morning and I cannot get past the board sensor error. At the home position, it reads 0, over the board 151, beyond the board it reads 0 again. I put a piece of blue tape over the black areas on either side of the board and get 0 again. What the heck?

texasinmi

It must be a data problem if it stalls without having anything restrict its movement. The computer sends power to the z motor to move and expects data from the encoder confirming the movement. If the computer does not get the return confirmation, it reports a stall. It could be the FFC wire. An intermittent connection could explain the behavior. Look for cracks in the ribbon and check the end connection at the carriage. A poor end connection would really explain a lot.

If that all checks out, look at the z encoder to see if it is loose on the shaft.

At this time the most logical thing to do is replace the FFC Cable.

When you buy the cable, get 2 and get Cut Motor Brushes and an extra Board Sensor to save on Shipping.

The FFC Cable is considered to be a Consumable as it can only flex so many times....

And your Brass Roller Plate may be metal? I have all "A" Machines.....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Well, a gold star for Al and bergerud**

I replaced the FSC cable and voila...carving occurred. I am going to order a dozen. Al do you have a source or should I just call Connie?

Question about the run of the old FSC. It took a couple of hard 90 deg turns where it was folded back on itself, which would appear to put pressure on those places. Is it ok to minimize the turns and so as to soften them?

BIG THANKS,

texasinmi

Sharp bends in the wire do not matter since it is only bent once. What kills the wires is fatigue from the many bends while carving back and forth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast