Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flexshaft temperature & lube..concerned..new machine

I'm not understanding what the argument is....
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I have always found it the best policy to use original Carvewright parts, and follow their recommendations. They have the advantage of testing everything first. Sure, there are 3rd parties that have products and parts that may work and the shipping sometimes doesn't seem appropriate but, I would rather have the satisfaction in knowing everything will work as designed. Buy the lubricant from LHR and follow their guidelines and recommendations. I think you will have less problems in the long run.
    Steve

Part of the problem is that the company making the Chain Lube changed the formula and the new formula does not work as well... So like above, I will be adding some to my next LHR order, my 2007 can is almost empty...

And some Assembly Lube posted about in the past has proven to work for many.. but I don't know "IF" the formula is the same NOW.... With the cost of a Flex I would rather fall back on a proven product.

Back in 1995 I was living in San Diego and bought a Sundance Spa. Just after the Warranty ran out it started leaking from many joints... Got the run around and the best they would do is send me parts like the 2 big plastic 2 inch in and 8 outputs.... I spent hours replacing all the bad joints only to have others leak... I never got it to stop leaking before my Divorce.... She got the spa... and House Years later I was here and at the County Fair... Saw the Sundance Spa guy.. Mentioned I had a "LEAKER" and he gave me the date I bought it.... Well, Sundance was going for a ISO 9001 Certification and switched from Solvent Based PVC Glue to WATER BASED GLUE.... A whole Year's worth of production were Leakers.... The Glue failed.... And "MUM" was the word... Didn't find out until 10 years later..... so stick with a proven product...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-18-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Ken, I will order it there and have stored the address for future use. In 2007/2008 there was not a definite recommendation and I heard about grease running down into the motor, so when my flex shaft got hot, I grabbed the Hi Temp stuff I had on hand, Worked great and been using it ever since - and recommending it.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Well I ordered the Lubraplate 930AA and the transaction went thru. Then I got an email that the manufacturer has a minimum limit of 10 per order. I could order 10 or cancel my order. It took me 7 years to use the small amount I had left over - I don't need 10. So I canceled.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Sorry about that, it seemed as though they would sell a single tube as per their ad!
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12