Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would like to purchase a "bad" power supply

Default Would like to purchase a "bad" power supply

My old A model compucarve that I bought thru sears finally has gotten to point that I am ready to send back to sears "have the extended warranty or lifetime protection on it" I talked to them and they said the would probly replace machine with a new one. But I sure would like to salvage some good parts off of it such as power supply.
    Would like to purchase a bad power supply to replace with before sending off.
    steve
    Start U Member

That sounds like a good deal. Swap out all bad parts and return for a brand new machine.

Steve,

If they can't or will not fix your machine you might be able to get it back and still get your money back to buy a new machine.

Last week I was talking to a local guy and Sears called him as his extended warranty was close to expiring. He found out that, according to the guy on the phone, Sears has a repair center in Ft. Collins, Colorado. I believe it is a sub outlet center that does warranty work on all different types of equipment repairs for Sears. He was going to take his A machine over and have them go through it just to find out about the place.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I got all my money back including the coat of the insurance because they didn't have a replacement. That was in the interim between the B and C when no new machines were available. I cot a tricked out referb. B from LHR. I don't think there is a CompuCarve anymore?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    That sounds like a good deal. Swap out all bad parts and return for a brand new machine.
    hmm, Ethical?

If you total your car, is it ethical to remove the radio before the junk yard gets it? Will Sears be reusing the machine for anything or junking it?
    Clint

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    If you total your car, is it ethical to remove the radio before the junk yard gets it? Will Sears be reusing the machine for anything or junking it?
    Clint
    I agree, this machine the only thing left on it worth keeping is the power supply , the bearings are about shot in the z truck , have had several issues with it that just keep on reoccurring , so I figure she has served her time, got about 450 hrs on her, but the power supply is still good . I totaly agreeing not trashing a $$$ part that could be used.
    Been paying the extended warranty for a while so it's time now to use it
    steve
    Start U Member

I have about 1300 hours on my B machine and it run's fine. 450 ain't many. If you regularly lube your Y and Z truck rollers with WD40 and work it in, they will last forever.

Clint

Good to know Clint. Going to do that tonight!

Bearings wear out about every 250 hours anyways. Have you replaced them?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast