Thread: Possible X-Axis Overload

Default Possible X-Axis Overload

While running a simple project that amounted to only 1/4" carve paths, I kept getting Possible X-Axis Overload error messages. Fortunatly I had the option to press enter to continue and was able to finish the project, but only after serveral (15-20) error messages. The error only occured when the truck was not carving while moving from one area on the board to another. The board was a 36" long 1x6 of cedar and was supported on both ends, not that it needed it though. I did move the slide plate away about a 1/4" from the board, but I still kept getting the messages. There were no errors during the measurement portion of the board loading.

As I mentioned, I was able to finish the project but was curious if anyone knows what might have caused the error message. I've loaded longer/heavier boards, always supported, and never had this happen before.

Thanks for any insights !

"possible x-axis overload" ... was that the exact wording?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by tcough3475 View Post
    While running a simple project that amounted to only 1/4" carve paths, I kept getting Possible X-Axis Overload error messages. Fortunatly I had the option to press enter to continue and was able to finish the project, but only after serveral (15-20) error messages. The error only occured when the truck was not carving while moving from one area on the board to another. The board was a 36" long 1x6 of cedar and was supported on both ends, not that it needed it though. I did move the slide plate away about a 1/4" from the board, but I still kept getting the messages. There were no errors during the measurement portion of the board loading.

As I mentioned, I was able to finish the project but was curious if anyone knows what might have caused the error message. I've loaded longer/heavier boards, always supported, and never had this happen before.

Thanks for any insights !
    You could have too much head pressure or, there is something obstructing or inhibiting the x-axis movement.. It could also be sandpaper belt roll-up.
    Steve

+1 with a Sand Paper Belt rolled up... Hard to see... You really need to rip the belt like I do...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02202_WEB.jpg   DSC02200_WEB.jpg   DSC02198_WEB.jpg   DSC02201_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    "possible x-axis overload" ... was that the exact wording?
    Yes it was. I was given the option to cancel or continue. I'll be running another project this evening and will check for an error code (sorry I didn't think of it at the time because the continue option allowed me to finish).

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    +1 with a Sand Paper Belt rolled up... Hard to see... You really need to rip the belt like I do...

AL
    A few projects ago I did replace a SPB due to roll-up & tearing. I'll take a close look tonight to see if it's rubbing. It looks like you took a significant (>30%) portion out of your SPB. Does that create a problem on wide carves?

Quote Originally Posted by tcough3475 View Post
    A few projects ago I did replace a SPB due to roll-up & tearing. I'll take a close look tonight to see if it's rubbing. It looks like you took a significant (>30%) portion out of your SPB. Does that create a problem on wide carves?
    In my case I believe the many 6 inch wide boards I have done over time is the reason for the rolled belts. This was over a 6 month period all the rips. I did use my 12 inch wide PVC carrier board to cut tags and it was not a problem. Shortly after I did maintenance and replaced the belts.

So in my case even with 30% of the belt missing the PVC board worked just fine.

I would check head level too as the keypad side being high could influence the belt to move toward the keypad.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com