Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for a New Table Saw Blade

Default Time for a New Table Saw Blade

Any suggestions on a 10" combination blade?

Don't need a thin kerf blade - most work is in hardwoods, rarely do I cut plywood.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Forest Blades are excellent quality but are very expensive. I have been told that if you purchase Home Depot Brand Blades, you can return them to the store for sharpening. I currently use Dewalt Blades on my Table Saw (10"), and also on my Chop Saw (12"). They are Carbide, and last a long time.

I have purchased and used Freud blades and a blade from Grizzly. Both the Freud and Grizzly blades cut real well and leave virtually no saw blade marks. I use carbide tip blades only for hardwoods.
    B Lantz

I agree with kroskam....Forrest blades are extremely high quality but also steep in price. I bought one 15 years ago and it has over 1000 hours on it, mostly all in hardwood. I have had it sharpened 3 times and I am told by the sharpener, it still has 5 or 6 left. I do a lot of edge joining of material and can always use the sawed edge to join. Great blade....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Are you guys using the Forrest Woodworker 2? And, a crosscut? How many teeth do you recommend?
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

I have been using Freud for the last 10 years at work and home. The router bits are very good they hold their edge.

Jerry, got my Forrest Woodworker II 10"x40T x1/8x5/8 at least 10 years ago and see that I had it re-sharpen the first time one year ago. I got the blade at the Woodworking show for $80. Cost to re-sharpen at Forrest was $21.50. 95% of what I cut is Oak, Walnut, Maple. I was VERY pleased obtaining this blade. I don't change blades use for crosscut and rip.

I have the same blade as Smokin D and use it for all operations. I have cut some thick hardwoods with it and it has always done the job...
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

WWII bought and in the mail!! - $112.75 these days including shipping.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

That isn't a whole different than it was 15 years ago... I hope you will be as happy with it as I am....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast