Thread: ai2mpc

Default ai2mpc

a few months ago I had a program called "ai2mpc" that would let you take a 2D drawing and convert it to something that the CarveWright could use. I want to use it mostly for making gears. Anyone now what I am talking about?
    Thanks,
    John

Yep.. here ya go...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doug Fletcher

Hello folks,

Ok, I manage to figure out the converter. But when I try and use the file in Designer I am not able to use the "Cut path" feature or any other. Below I attached the files. One is what I am hoping to create and then of course the MPC. What am I doing wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sign.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	49511sign1.mpcClick image for larger version. 

Name:	cross.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	49513cross.mpc

Thank you for your patience,
    Dave
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

Dave,

On sign1 I found a lot of open end points. On the inner most lines I selected each segment (ctrl + selected) to get them to be highlighted then selected "toggle non end points" under the "view tab. It showed the points that were not connected. Zoom into the points and with very little movement I was able to connect them. They will "star" when connected then go away as an end point.

Great that you did them in GROUPS. Open the carving list, select a group then right click and "select all in group..
    Last edited by fwharris; 12-03-2011 at 10:28 AM.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Sign 1 all connected.. Nice design...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

sign1.mpc
    Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Dave,

On sign1 I found a lot of open end points. On the inner most lines I selected each segment (ctrl + selected) to get them to be highlighted then selected "toggle non end points" under the "view tab. It showed the points that were not connected. Zoom into the points and with very little movement I was able to connect them. They will "star" when connected then go away as an end point.

Great that you did them in GROUPS. Open the carving list, select a group then right click and "select all in group..
    Thank you !!! I thought I was careful in AutoCAD. I guess I wasn't. It is fixed now. This is why you get paid the big bucks and we get to applaude your help. I still have one more question. If your are willing to tackle this. I do not know how to take 2 groups and create a "Carve Region". I am working on the last group (2 combined) on the list. If I do a carve region I lose areas not selected.

Dave

There also is an "autoclose" option when using ai2mpc, but I'm not sure it would have worked in this case. For a freebee, it really does have some really great features tho.
    Doug Fletcher

I have 1 more section to "Carve Region". It is the last Group on the tree. How can I get it to work? If you go to "Carve Region" it removes the entire mid section.

sign1.mpc