Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Patterns

Default Free Patterns

Well, a bunch of you wanted to know when I was gonna do it, so I'm putting a note in here... I finally have had time to put up a few patterns on the website... have a bunch more coming, but this will get things kicked off.

From the main page, click on Free Stuff...

www.AllCW.com

Later,
    Jon
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

Thanks for all of your work Jon.
    Using Version 1.125

thanks a bunch !! nice work!! great page!
    THE GIZ .. sawdust to sawdust in this i trust..

4. Default

That canadian nickle sure looks like a dime...

Hahahaha.. mobi...

That's what happens when you're naming a file at 2am...

Actually, I was just going by the U.S. exchange rate... it's about 50% right??? lol

*OK, I'VE BEEN TOO BUSY AND I'M LOSING MY MIND*

Happy now, Mobi???

((BTW, for those of you that download the keyboard... if you're carving it in 3/4" plywood.. increase the depth to about .7 and increase the height to the max.. you can actually make almost a life size keyboard...))

6. Default Re: Free Patterns

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jantz
    Well, a bunch of you wanted to know when I was gonna do it, so I'm putting a note in here... I finally have had time to put up a few patterns on the website... have a bunch more coming, but this will get things kicked off.

From the main page, click on Free Stuff...

www.AllCW.com

Later,
    Jon
    Since you have posted copyrighted images, logos, etc. for anyone to use, I will assume you feel it is fine for someone to copy your instructional videos and pass them around at no charge (or even charge for them without your consent.) My apologies if you have made arrangements to pay royalties to GM, NFL, etc.

Well, John, since you want to be a jerk about it, here's how it is.

I AIN'T SELLING THOSE LOGOS.

I am in the sign business and have been to many trade shows. Now at these trade shows there are always several large companies that sell Logo Clipart disks that have every major corporation in the world's logo all ready to print or be cut in vinyl.

They aren't authorizing you to take the Harley Davidson logo for example, make decals and start selling them... BUT if you need to make a sign for Harley Davidson, you have their logo already digitised...

So if a person is selling carved items with these logos without getting authorization from the proper owner, that is illegal. To provide clipart in the format that will load in Carvewright Designer, is not...

For example you can go to www.brandsoftheworld.com and find about any logo available, already vectorised. They are not an illegal website or providing an illegal service. But if you download those logos, print them on a t-shirt and sell them, you are in violation of many of these company's policies and breaking copyright laws...

Also, making an item for your own use that you are not selling is different as well. If I want to print out the Ford logo on an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper, and hang it on my wall, Ford Motor Company is not going to care.

So, I will put a disclaimer on there, specifying that NO MONEY is being exchanged, and that the logos may only be used with the express permission of the rightful owner...

And if I start selling items with these logos on them, I will personally send you copies of the royalty checks. And, by the way, as yet I haven't PROFITTED the first dime on the videos, I'm still way in the hole with the money and time I've spent to be able to do them, and I'm glad everyone is not like you or I wouldn't be spending time every day reworking patterns for people on here, working on the new tutorials, and posting on these websites...

Well, I think I'll work on some of my own patterns and projects for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks.

Jon, thanks for all your hard work.

I for one am glad you offer the service of doing Custom Created Patterns, I will not have any problem paying for them. I have bought Vector Art 3d patterns and had to pay for them and if you made one specifically for me I would definetly pay.

Again thanks for everything you have shared.

Jon, your hard work and time spent helping so many of us as not gone unnoticed here!

Thank You
    Ken
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Just a note about nEtiquette: If you have a question or concern about propriety of something, someone is posting, it seems the proper place to start is a direct question to them and/or one of the moderators. An accusatory general post is both out of line and just plain rude.

BTW, the new forum will make getting in touch with the moderators easier.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast