Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Alternate supplier for Cut Motor Brushes?

Hi AL... I just left you a voice mail.... Desperate in need of brushes.... I had a stupid attack and forgot to order them from CW last month... I'll take what ever you can send.... Will pay you back immediately upon receiving them from CW too... 631 335 adpm... waiting for the snow in New York.....

Scott

After reading the fine print... I'm not really interested in after market brushes.... Cut motors seem expensive... sanding and then swapping the wire and the spring seems risky and it will void the warranty on the motor if it goes wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    If your supplier isn't LHR could you share his/her name?. I think many of would be interested in an alternate source.

Floyd,
    I think I got confused here and assumed you were talking about cut motor brushes.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by srfliny View Post
    After reading the fine print... I'm not really interested in after market brushes.... Cut motors seem expensive... sanding and then swapping the wire and the spring seems risky and it will void the warranty on the motor if it goes wrong...
    You do not swap the wire, just the spring. And, if you are needing new brushes, I think the warranty is over.

Nope.. Still under warranty

Yes... cut motor brushes

Quote Originally Posted by srfliny View Post
    Nope.. Still under warranty
    You need new brushes and are still under warranty; really?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Floyd,
    I think I got confused here and assumed you were talking about cut motor brushes.
    Nope, sheet metal....
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

UPDATE: Well, I waited for the brushes to come from china to Texas and then to get shipped to me in New York.... AL had significant snow issues and wasn't able to get them out for a while.... Carvewright as promissed shipped the brushes on the 27th of Feb.. I watched the tracking number every day praying for their arrival.... On the third of March. The tracking data shows that the package went out for delivery in another zip code ten miles from my home zip code.... I called that post office and nobody can tell me where the package went.... So the brushes that came all the way from CHINA got lost ten miles from my house by the USPS.... I waited two days... Still no answer as to what happened to my package.... I have several customers waiting for weeks for items that I am unable to cut.... They email me every day asking where their items are... one guy is in Australia and I have run out of answers for them... I was thinking this is it.... I am ruined on Ebay... They will never trust me again... I was headed into the Garage to go and Hang Myself when out of the corner of my eye I spied the mail man walking up my driveway with the mail bundle for the day... In that bundle was a brown envelope... I dropped the rest of the mail on the driveway and savagely ripped the package open without even looking at it to reveal the most beautiful set of cutter motor brushes I have ever seen... I turned the packaging over and read the return address.... Pocono Digital Woodshop... I Yelled at the top of my Lungs........... "AL!!! YOU BEAUTIFUL SON OF A BITCH! YOU SAVED MY ***!!!!" I don't know what you drink sir but as soon as I am able to afford such things again, you'll be drinking an awful lot of it... THANK YOU FOR COMING THROUGH AL.... You Sir are truly a gentleman who keeps his word... As for the package CW sent... It's in USPS Limbo some place.... God only knows when that will arrive.... but... Thanks to AL the sun is shining again in my little wood shop.... And my carvewright is humming away... Cutting Product!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast