Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Y Gear Box Modification

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    nice one berg just want to say thank you also the the little plastic behind the cover that clips in the motor guest we have to drill that one out so the black plastic fits back in just asking
    You may have to cut a little off the end of the tab on the black plastic piece. I did not want to make the hole go through to help keep the grease in.

Edit: I am not sure what the black plastic piece even does. I guess it just stops the heat sink from moving around on the motor.
    Last edited by bergerud; 02-02-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    You may have to cut a little off the end of the tab on the black plastic piece. I did not want to make the hole go through to help keep the grease in.
    Were did you find the longer screw for the motor did you already have them they are metric right and your right I will cut it off so to keep the grease in
    Last edited by henry1; 02-02-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    Were did you find the longer screw for the motor did you already have them they are metric right and your right I will cut it off so to keep the grease in
    I found them in my box of screws! Doesn't everyone have a box of screws? (I save everything.)

I found them in my box of screws! Doesn't everyone have a box of screws? (I save everything.)
    LMAO yap I do also but those are real small quest I will be looking// guest what I found them under miscellaneous screw I be dam
    Last edited by henry1; 02-02-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Problem is you have the find the right box of screws that screw is in!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I just carved a gear box out phenolic and it was tough. Broke a Chinese cutting bit on the last cut out. I changed the max cut per pass on the last cut out. You might want to use this latest file instead of the one posted earlier. I do not want any broken bits!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phen 001.jpg   Phen 002.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bergerud; 02-02-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Man that is some hard stuff to be carving .I made my router table out of 1 " even used tap and die set for the holes . Not too many people use phenolic. Nice to know it can be carved with the CW.

Thx Dan,,, Ya know I'm on it !!!! LOL ... Did the bearings fit good in the piece ??? Do you need the flange or would non flanged work as well ????
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

For me, the bearings were a nice press fit with the acrylic. The phenolic was a different story. I think the bit was bending as it cut. I had to ream the holes out by hand. The rear bearing is so tight, it needs no flange. There may need to be some hand tweaking on this thing. Motors may be a little different and the clearance between the motor and the small bearing boss is close. Make sure you get the motor sitting square. Make sure you use the last mpc posted. Download again.

So now just a plain 625 and 685 bearing? No need for the flange? Carving the back side of this thing now. Pretty excited. Making parts for the machine with the machine. Found a piece of aspen i am trying. On optimal.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast