Thread: x-axis stall

1. Default x-axis stall

Getting x-axis stall message then machine immediately turns off. What causes? New (reconditioned) machine days old.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneandtimber View Post
    Getting x-axis stall message then machine immediately turns off. What causes? New (reconditioned) machine days old.
    Move to dedicated outlet. Check power supply connections that may have come loose during shipment.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

3. Default

appreciate advice; first thing I did was change outlets/check circuit. all ok there. i'll look at FAQ but where would a disconnect be in the power on circuit. machine has been working pretty well (2 days old). While I have never had a unit apart this is my 3rd machine. started with an A then to a C. 2 weeks ago the adapter on a 1/4 bit did not hold the bit in place and bit slid out during carving and ruined the brass wheel so quickly ordered this reconditioned unit to finish my project. since 1st post have started unit again only to have it say "clean Y axis" and then turned off again but this time can't get it to come back on. have juice to machine. where could a loose connector apt to be? thanks

L2 Coil.... A old time problem was the L2 Coil in the Power Supply would snap one wire below the surface of the circuit board.

A QUICK TRICK.... Pull the muffler out... LAY the machine on it's back.... muffler side... Turn on power swith with a card in the machine.

GRAVITY pushed the L2 coil back in... THAT would answer the question about WHY the Axis Stalls....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03700_WEB.jpg   DSC03707_WEB.jpg   DSC03710_WEB.jpg   DSC03713_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com