Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: problems with the Y axis

You better check the y motor gear shaft for play. The shaft can get ruined if it is left too long. Catch it in time and you only need new bearings. Just try and wiggle the shaft around to test for slop.

You guys might be right I'll check all that tomorrow..... [in a snide voice]... And yes of coarse I've changed the brushes... geeze....Lmao

3. Default Cut path keeps shifting farther on every pass

I just recently started having this problem but only when doing cutouts. The cut path shifts on every pass a little further. Do you guys think the "too much play in the plastic gear" would be causing my problem too? I have 320 hrs on my machine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	66156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	66157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	66158

May be a broken tooth in the plastic gear. Rolled sandpaper belt or rubber belt rubbing the board sensor brass roller. Also check side of board by brass roller for any imperfections. Or as Al would say add masking tape.

I'm back... It's all about the Brass Roller... 7 inch rule of wood possibly in this case... That cut path is shifting in the X axis... The board is loosing contact with the brass roller...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07950_WEB.jpg   DSC07951_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I must be doing something right I have 590 cut motor hours on one machine and 680 on my other machine and haven't changed anything and still going strong..... [don't want to jinx myself]

Good Job !!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

7. Default

The wood is select pine and perfectly square. I always select stay under rollers also. This is a new occurrence with every cutout for the past 5 signs. Is there anything I can do to check roller before having to replace?

If you have sandpaper belts, check for belt roll under.
    If you have rubber belts, check that the belt is not interfering with the brass roller.
    Do you see the brass roller tracks on the board?
    Check the head pressure.
    Check out feed rollers too high.

9. Default

Sandpaper belts are fine...Yes, you can see the tracks on the board and there are no areas that the board left contact with the roller...Head pressure is good...feed rollers don't actually touch the board, they sit a bit low but the board is only 24" long and not heavy.
    I'm not sure where to go from here. I can carve fine but cannot cut anything out?
    Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    If you have sandpaper belts, check for belt roll under.
    If you have rubber belts, check that the belt is not interfering with the brass roller.
    Do you see the brass roller tracks on the board?
    Check the head pressure.
    Check out feed rollers too high.

What version of software are you running?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast