i'm in the process of doing some signs. the shortest carving was 40 inches long and the longest is 67 inches long. i got the first two signs done wihtout a problem, but during the craving of the third and final sign which was the longest of the 3 the carving jumped about a 1/2 inch to 3/4 half way through the sign. i thought it might be a belt issue but the belt and teeth on the gears were ok. i then checked the y truck motor and gears all of which were in good working order. i took off the back cover of the y truck motor to expose the sensor and there was some dust in there. so i cleaned it out put it all back together thinking i had hopefully solve my problem. started the carving again and about 45 min to an hour in it did it again but this time after it jumped it made what looks like about 2 passes and stoped with error 238 y axis stall coming up. just for the heck of it i cleaned the machine and ran it again on the same board. it stopped in the same spot. i am out of ideas of what this could be but it is starting to get expensive since the wood i'm using is cedar.

thanks for any help
todd