Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 2.0 worth the price?

Any news about getting the 2.0 to work while using the Rock Chuck?
    Greg Luckett
    Great Lakes Wood Arts Co.
    Saint Joseph, MI

If you are referring to the problems with 2.004, the changes have been reversed. 2.005 has the same bit plate measuring behavior as 1.187 did. So, I think the Rock will again work as good as it ever did.

When you get the 2.0 new opportunities open up for cuts I have never even thought of. Designing your own patters with puffing regions, arches and the ability to expand shapes with offsets for things like a brick front for a doll house. Overlap of deigns to create new objects of interest. Yes it is worth it. I don't use the rock chuck. The new chuck from CW is great.
    Woodpecker

I am happy to hear this. I purchased the Designer 2.0 upgrade several months ago, and like the nice adders, but it would not home the z axis correctly. I then went back to the 1.187 version. Now, I will try the newest 2.005. Thanks.
    I had asked Customer Service about it a month ago, but it was no help, and as usual this forum is excellent.
    Greg Luckett
    Saint Joseph, MI

It's only been out maybe a month. Make sure you are signed up for the newsletter.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

It turned out that I already had v.2.005. I have not tried it yet and did not realize the homing problem had been fixed. Next project will be using it.
    Thanks.
    Greg Luckett
    Saint Joseph, MI

Next month I will be able to upgrade, will probably wait till the holiday weekend. I think CW offers 10% discount that weekend and will help. And besides will be our 25th that weekend. Ifen my 1st had lived would have been our 40th. But it was great!

Sorry; I am not informed about the Rock-Chuck. As I have stated before I try to stay with the OEM. In most situations this avoids any conflict or issues with the design or conflict with the equipment.
    I can't even get vacuum cleaner parts to match.
    Woodpecker

To Smokin D.
    It only gets better. Life has many, many trials and we are tested each day to see if we can handle it.
    Just think about what you may carve to see a smile! Or lucky you; carve a smile!
    Woodpecker

I would not have gone to an after market chuck if there had been an alternative that worked. The original chuck was a piece of crap, never worked correctly on my machine, etc. LHR was no help with this. Once I got the Rock Chuck, my CarveWright actually worked well. It is a Dec 2007 model.
    Greg Luckett
    Saint Joseph, MI

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast