Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Is 2.0 worth the price?

Quote Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
    I read this whole thread and I have a question that no one asked...
    On the software ordering page it says:
    "All software is non-refundable and non-transferable."
    So what happens when I go to sell my CW with the new designer software, will the new owners have to pay $200 for a new license?
    Or is the new designer software transferable with the machine like with the old version?
    Neither version transfers ownership with the machine. The new owner will have to purchase new licenses for any and all software.
    Steve

Might just sell your puter with the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Neither version transfers ownership with the machine. The new owner will have to purchase new licenses for any and all software.
    The user will get a free license for 1.187 when he registers the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    The user will get a free license for 1.187 when he registers the machine.
    I guess that makes sense as 2 licenses per machine for 1.187 was free to begin with. However, the new owner must register the machine and just the basic version 1.187 is free. All add-ons and upgrades do not transfer and a new license will have to be purchased by the new owner for anything but the basic 1.187 version.
    Steve

Well that will really suck... I get stuck with the software I can't use, eating the $200 for the software, and then having to drop the price of the CW by $200 so they can buy the software... Wishing I would have went with a pro cnc at this point.

If you are getting ready to sell your machine, why are you buying the upgrade?

You also do not lower the machine price, you just do not add the non-transferable software cost.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    You also do not lower the machine price, you just do not add the non-transferable software cost.

It still adds (or subtracts) the same. If the package is worth $2000 to the current user, say $1200 machine and $800 in software, you need to lower that value to $1200 to sell. You're either discounting the software from the package value or just not adding it on to the machine value in the first place.

It's just not one of those items anyone should expect to recoup much of their investment from should they choose to sell it. Kinda like marriage!

I not selling it yet... But it's like throwing money out the window... The designer license should be tied to the machine... That way you don't lose any money. My point is...what am I going to do with the software without the machine? Obviously if I get rid of the machine... I have no use for the software. Then whoever I sell it to needs to buy the software.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
    I not selling it yet... But it's like throwing money out the window... The designer license should be tied to the machine... That way you don't lose any money. My point is...what am I going to do with the software without the machine? Obviously if I get rid of the machine... I have no use for the software. Then whoever I sell it to needs to buy the software.
    Sounds like the solution to your problem is to keep the machine.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

There will always be a Designer license tied to the machine. Just not the add ons or upgrades.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast