Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyway to bypass the measuring?

Remember the top of your screen is the Brass Roller and Right side is the head of the board.

And the machine will stop measuring in place on end at the end of your Designer board I believe.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

finally got it working... but I had to tell it to "drill" a hole at the other end of the sled. The first time I got it to "work" it stopped at the very end of the board so one roller was sitting on the edge of the board.

I think there is something up with the machine since I put the carvetight truck on. It has been doing some weird things. like sometimes not going all the way over to check the bit even though the machine is super clean, on the next board does it perfect. Then it asks the questions... keep original width, center on board, cut board to length, in different spots, it speeds up and slows down while measuring the boards in different spots. Sometimes, not all the time, after finding the bit, it moves 3 - 4 inches at snails pace like 1/16 every 3 seconds. then it wakes up and jumps to the starting point and runs.

I am running dust collection, I have super low profile dust collector. (It is flush with the front lip where the cover closes and runs the full width of the machine.) I made it myself out of Plexiglas so I can see what it does. I'll post that in the dust collector section once I get it looking real pretty. Been playing with vanes (different sections and diameters of pvc pipe) inside it to get a full suction no matter where the truck is in relation to the vacuum port. And with the front lip section where it curls over the roller. Tried matching the curve, 90 degree turn and angles in between and adding a deflector. I have a couple of other ideas too that I need to try yet. I haven't cut my cover until I decide on the final way to do it. I'm using small chunks of wood and the weight of the cover to keep the switches closed. I do at lot of mdf and particle board so there a ton of super fine dust generated.

Yes, like I mentioned in my post that you would need to place a carve region or in your case you used a hole in a place that spits the sled out to where you can change the blank inside the sled....

I will now address the Y Problem...

IF you have over 300 cut motor hours and have not replaced the Y Gearbox inner 2 bearings then you likely have a bearing failure.... The bearings are 5 x 11 x 5 mm and 2 of them.... A 685ZZ bearing.

Next is a frozen Y Roller Rail Bearing....

Next is that you need to make sure the Right Side Cut Motor Cover Switch wires are tucked into the far right corner... OR the Y cannot get to the Bit Plate....

My money is on the Gearbox Bearings.... That would explain the re size error too... The head is studdering....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

resize error isn't an error in my case, it is because I got tired of it measuring the board a hair too small. I have the sled at 14 inches and depending on the temp or placement of the sled, it would say 13.998 "load new board". So I changed the size to be 13.5 so it asks every time to resize... I'm saying sometimes it is asking at a different time. from board to board or every other board doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for it.

I'll check the all the bearings again. I just got through taking the whole machine apart and cleaned an lubed everything while I was waiting for the new truck. Didn't notice any thing out of the ordinary. I have only have done about 20 boards since cleaning it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12