Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z Stall 06-313

Try the project with a thinner board and see if you get past that point... don't let it carve.

Hole in the Brass Roller
    Dusty Z Encoder
    Bad FFC or FSC Cable... (same thing)
    Bit installed TOO long or too short?????
    Carve will be TOO Deep, machine "Tilt" for the young guys.... It's a old Pin Ball Game thing.... When you shake the machine.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Just wanted to update on my "air carving" issue. After receiving another "recalibrate" file all is working fine (maybe the prior one was corrupt). Thanks Connie! As soon as I reset it all and ran the same ol' project I noticed right away that the bit actually started carving on the board on it's first pass. Thanks again ma'am.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Just asking for a "2d look" at my mpc please. Now that my CW is working fine (no air carves), I'd just like for someone to check my mpc to make sure it looks OK to try and carve. Thanks everyone. JerryB

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Attachment 64297

I have a mpc that I'm trying to carve and can't seem to get passed the initial measuring stage to start my carve. The project seems fairly simple. I have a friend that wants to cover up his door bell with a sign so people won't ring his doorbell (renting an apartment). His dogs go crazy when bell rings and solicitors are always coming by.
    Anyway, we figured that the back pocket of the sign would need to be about 3/4" deep so it would go over the door bell switch. I believe I've done it right and looks OK to me. The front side, I just made a simple "Welcome to our Home" text. Didn't want it to be a square sign so I redesigned it a little to cut out later with a band saw.
    I have a 19" board that's 1" thick and 6 1/4 wide. I used the Al Who "method" masking tape (as always). I center the project, say no to rollers and it measures length of board fine. When it starts to measure the width the bit goes down on the pad side, then touches the board, then goes back to pad side, then goes to edge (width) of board. Goes down once, moves over & goes down and stays down.... z stall... Any recommendations? Board appears fine, flat and straight. The board is oak so it's heavier than what I usually use, but then I've never really carved a 1" board either. I usually carve on 3/4" from HD or LOWES. This one is thicker just so it will cover that door bell switch. Could it be that the edge of the board is not completely smooth? It's still straight from what I can see, just doesn't appear to be a smooth cut along that edge. Here's the mpc... Thanks... "mi familia".

It looks good to me. One side is a little wider than the other. 6.618 Vs 7.919 radius. That is all I see that could be tweaked.

Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    It looks good to me. One side is a little wider than the other. 6.618 Vs 7.919 radius. That is all I see that could be tweaked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12