Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sled problem

I think it is 5/16 inside and 7/16 outside for the A ans B type machines. The C machines have a smaller O ring.

There is the problem... I remembered looking at the brass roller before and turning it by hand and it turned like it had resistance and since it was like that when I got it, I assumed this was the "normal" operation. Apparently doing smaller projects didn't affect it. So when I went over there last night and looked closer at it, the O ring was pushed off the roller and was rubbing between the roller and the board guide. I got it back on the roller and now it spins like a top.

Didn't get a chance to run it because I need to change the board setting for the new sled that was the second problem. I made the headers larger with out thinking about having to change the board size. While messing with the rollers, I forgot to plugin my laptop or it got unplugged and it hibernated with designer open and for some reason it crashed my hard drive. So I been fighting with it trying to get the hard drive to work and ended up having to reinstall the OS and found out that Microsoft has stopped providing updates for XP (I have XP Pro) So I have had to download the files manually from HP and MS to a USB drive then and install them. It is a real PITA...

So will let you know later on how it is working. I'm pretty confident that those are the two problems.

After fixing the o ring still not measuring right. And while I was doing another measurement, it started bucking back and forth and broke a drive gear tooth before I could get to it and stop the machine.

So I bought a new drive gear set and a spare and figured I would get the rubber belts too.

So after installing the belts and the drive gear and recalibrating the machine, I have a weird problem...
    Also I could only get the calibration down to 36.036 And when I tried entering for example 884.100 it would jump a few digits higher or lower .096 or .116 depending on the number entered no matter how many times I entered it in. Is that normal?

So anyway...
    Now I have this problem...
    If I use the length measurement function the board measures 81.125 which is correct.

But when I run my program it says the board is 75.053.

And If I go back to measurement I get 81.125 or very close to it.

Any ideas why?
    Thx,
    Bob
    Last edited by rbrown; 07-10-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
    After fixing the o ring still not measuring right. And while I was doing another measurement, it started bucking back and forth and broke a drive gear tooth before I could get to it and stop the machine.

So I bought a new drive gear set and a spare and figured I would get the rubber belts too.

So after installing the belts and the drive gear and recalibrating the machine, I have a weird problem...
    Also I could only get the calibration down to 36.036 And when I tried entering for example 884.100 it would jump a few digits higher or lower .096 or .116 depending on the number entered no matter how many times I entered it in. Is that normal?

So anyway...
    Now I have this problem...
    If I use the length measurement function the board measures 81.125 which is correct.

But when I run my program it says the board is 75.053.

And If I go back to measurement I get 81.125 or very close to it.

Any ideas why?
    Thx,
    Bob
    Did you pick stay under roller. If so the measurement will be shorter by the amount to stay under the rollers.

in that case shouldn't it be 74 inches? 81-7

Should be but try to load without staying under the rollers and see what measurement it comes up with.

k I'll try that when I get there my shop is 30 mins away. Had a problem with my laptop so I'm home fixing it.

sorry for the delay...
    Had to get a new hard drive and reload the software on my shop laptop...
    I selected no for stay under rollers and it carved it. So it is working.
    Will say one thing it does measure and line up pretty accurate...
    Way I could tell is I'm doing 5/32 inch slots 3/16 inch deep 1 inch apart.
    I broke one bit half way through a board replaced the bit and restarted the program with the same board and it was dead nuts on.
    Then I had one slip off the rails on one end so it routed one side and feathered the other to nothing. This was at the last foot of the board.
    So I set the board back in the rails and restarted it and it routed the slots exactly the same.
    I was amazed both times.

However... I think they should have a sensor so if the cut motor starts bogging down it slows the cut rate.
    After doing a few boards the bit started getting dull, over heated and that is why it snapped.

Only thing I don't like is...
    Why does it start out measuring: (facing the keyboard)
    to the left side of the board
    then to the right side of the board
    then to the left side of the board
    then asks if I want it centered
    then goes to the right side of the board and then asks to load the bit then starts routing.

Doing 6' ft. boards it takes forever and seems like a wasted extra trip the length of the board.
    Should reverse the process, then it would be at the end it is going to start cutting at.
    Last edited by rbrown; 07-25-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Place on Center measures TWICE.... IF you learn to design projects to use "Place on End or Corner" it will only measure once....

Tips and Tricks for more details.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

"Place on End or Corner" it will only measure once.
    Not necessarily. If the board is short and comes off the rollers, it will measure front-to-back-to-front.

Technically, its not measuring twice... its re-indexing the front because it came off the tracking roller on the back.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast