Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sharing/ found a lil secret for eps files..

Default eps frormat

Hey Giz,

I'll take all the vector eps files you have. Let me know how.

Thanks
    Bob

Giz,

Not to put a dampener on your idea, but aren't these clipart pieces you are offering wholesale copyrighted? If they come with a program that you have, they probably are only licensed for YOUR use and if you didn't purchase it, well..... I seem to have a lot of what appears to match your eps files, and those came from Adobe products. What you do isn't really of concern to me, but for the forum to be offering them (even indirectly) could cause some trouble.

Bob Hill
    Tampa Florida

Exclamation

i wasent aware of that... humm..?

ok the giz is done sharing
    THE GIZ .. sawdust to sawdust in this i trust..

ok...i removed all my sharing.. deleted /gone!

Not to put a damper on anyone or anything, but when someone asks for a pattern, then technically, if you didn't design it you shouldn't be giving it out.
    I know there is a difference for personal or professional use but thats our interpatation of it. There is a lot of free stuff on the web, however when we ask for something we don't know if it is free or off some software program. Just a thought to ponder.

Bob

ok....ok...... ive removed all my stuff..

sorry ive wasted my time to share stuff... to all the folks that have shared with me via email and to all that i have sent tons of stuff to.. KEEP IN TOUCH!,,via email,,

thanks

ps seems to me even sharing anything you made with cw would fall in this catagory / being that the files are here,,and some people my not own the machine... hummm??

Quote Originally Posted by bobreda View Post
    Not to put a damper on anyone or anything, but when someone asks for a pattern, then technically, if you didn't design it you shouldn't be giving it out.
    Well, if you want to go that route, then anything that you are not the original creating artist of cannot be converted into a ptn and shared with anyone else. Unless of course you have a license to do so from the original artist, this includes all those "free" images on the web. I guess I'll go pull all the stuff I've shared on here also, since I converted them to ptn's but was not the original creating artist of the image used to create the ptn. I would venture a guess that this issue will pretty much eliminate all sharing of ptn's on here. Unless of course the original artist of the image turns it into a ptn and shares it. There goes the pattern sharing forum. Darn shame when you consider how many people looking to purchase the CW for their own personal home use are not graphic artists and are unable to create their own ptn's.
    Last edited by BoardSilly; 02-25-2007 at 05:07 PM.
    BoardSilly
    "Destroying Cuba 1 Cigar At A Time"

Angry gezzzz

i agree /boardsilly!

gezzz,,,its not like were a company making money off sharing what we have..
    we all seem to be some type of craftsman and or good with are hands and like to build things.. for cryn out loud someone needs to relax a bit..

so from what i understand now/ alot of us will not share:there goes that ideal/... and anything like you said that ,was not made my the person himself posting it will be a problem,,,//

theres just so much more wrong things in this world,,,

follow up.///i just bought a web domin and im in the process of putting it together,, for those of you that arent so uptight, join us.. (email me for info) gizmo1d1@aol.com /selected folks will be allowed.. its gonna take me some time to put it all together with all the wonderful pictures im gonna share free!!! but im tyn to have alot of things for ya set up by the end of the week,,

warning: you must own the disks and have permission to use the files there!
    this will be password protected.. /right click and save file as ( whatever your heart desires),, i had to say that.

anger turns my mind on!

Default whats the point of a gallery for mpc's or ptn's then?

The whole sharing of files that might get anyone into trouble is being taken a little to far. The whole point is if you sell the stuff with a copyrighted image, you may be possibly checked into, the angel pattern was probably not created by someone at CW...
    Lets just all think about anything you've shared or used in your life off the net. Wallpaper, programs, music. We are all probably guilty of this at some time or another. If your not, well good for you. Lets not point fingers.
    Just my opinion,
    not a complaint.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

My reply was in reference to Mr Hill response. Carried out to the extreme, my statement would have to be correct. Is it pratical? no. When someone is looking for a file if I have it he or she gets it. How many pic are copied of the net with no regards to copywrite laws. Thats the chances we take when we put something out there on the net for all the world to see. Even when one puts up a web site it is very easy to copy the entire site. Don't agree-- next time you are on a web site right click and hit view source. There is all the html on that site .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast