I bought the side discharge Ringneck Blues DC insert about a year ago and put it on the machine according to the instructions. It worked well and I have no complaints about it's ability to do it's designed task. However, I noticed two problems with the side discharge (at least in my shop arrangement). First the take-up chute that comes from inside the machine connected to the 4" diameter tube at a right angle tangent , i.e. in profile, it connected like the stick on a lollypop. This meant that nearly 1/2 the diameter of the discharge tube hung below the take-up chute intruding on the space that the red Head Lock Lever articulated. Secondly, my DC system uses a 28' Dust Right Expandable Hose (by Rockler) instead of the usual system of rigid tubing and flex hose. It essentially acts just like a long flexible hose except it is much stiffer, and heavier. With it I can service all the power tools in my shop without resorting to an entire system of hoses, tubing, manifolds, and blast gates. The down side of using it with my CW is that it is heavy and weighs down the DC insert further, pulling it further down into the Head Lock Lever area and even onto the workpiece.
My solution was to bend the side-discharge tube so the take-up chute connects to the tube at the circumferential tangent. This means the entire DC insert is above the take-up collector. I pop-riveted two brass braces to keep it locked into that position(see photos) I also riveted a ring onto the top of the discharge tube so I could rig a lifting/suspension line to further keep it up and out of interference with the workpiece and Locking Lever. Suprisingly, I haven't needed to resort to hanging it up with this, but it is there if I ever choose to use it.
As you can see in the photos, the only other modification I made was to tape a 4" PVC sewer pipe section onto the end of the discharge tube so I have quick connections. This PVC section is the enlarged end of a 10' section. I have one of these on all my power tools and it permits connecting my DC hose by just sliding it into it. The fit is close enough to hold it with friction and the suction provided by the DC machine.
Now I am completely satisfied with my DC system. It keeps the machine entirely clean when I am cutting wood and mostly clean when I cut plastic. The static electricity generated while cutting plastic keeps some chips stuck to various parts of the inside of the machine and rollers. I don't know of any solution to this. I just vacuum it out(with a small shop vac) and then blow it out with compressed air after each project and it is clean as new.