Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st fall craft show this year

1. Default 1st fall craft show this year

We just had our first fall show for this year and it turned out very well. I guess the economy may be starting to come back a little. Maybe the promise of the coming election, I don't know. I do know that it was in the top two or three all time shows for us. We could have done even more but we sold out on the two most popular items. Now the problem is re-supplying everthing we sold in the next week so we can be ready for the next show. I don't know if I can do it or not, we are gonna try.

The guy in the booth next door told me on Saturday that he had some wood in his garage that he wanted to get rid of so he brought it in to me on Sunday. It was a 6 foot 1x6 of 4x4 koa and another of something I haven't identified yet. It is extremely dense and heavy, very dark with redish color. I know the koa is worth about $40 for the 3 board feet of 100% heartwood.
    Good luck, if you are going to be doing craft shows on through the holidays, besides the fun you might make a few bucks this year.
    Last edited by TerryT; 11-05-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Terry T, I am in the same boat as you. I had 3 successful shows and not much time bwtn them to restock. The last one, this weekend was very good.
    I was able to sell some items that I have been carring for a while and like magic they sold. My 2 best sellers, the coasters and yard signs went like
    fire. I am in he shop right now with Boo and Thib. working nonstop. Boo is handling the coasters and Thib. is taking care of the yard signs. The finishing
    will be hardest to do in time for Friday and this doesn't count the orders I have and that might come my way. But this is fun when the selling goes so good.
    I will have about 3 months after this ,to sit back and take a good look at what I want to create for next year.
    Most people were very impressed with the products that I was able to make with the CW, I even have 2 men instrested getting a machine.
    I hope you have a good season and good luck.

Perry B.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

4. Default

I don't have many. The only reason I have these is I just thought about pics as we were putting these last two in the bag for a customer. Funny thing is, although we sold several different items, including a cribbage table, the majority of sales were for these guys. I had six at the show. They all went for $45 for the recipe box including sales tax and recipe cards and dividers and the tea box's at $40 each including sales tax. We also sold out on the folding cribbage boards (6) @$40 each. I didn't get any pics of the folding boards. One each of a couple of other things. We started including sales tax in the price that we we don't have to dig for change as much, just easier that way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails upload1.jpg   upload2.jpg   upload3.jpg  
    Last edited by TerryT; 11-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.

DickB, if you go to my web site and look at my gallery, I have many coasters, yard signs, address signs.
    I also sell possiblies at the show. They see what I have made and then start to ask "can you make a sign with this on it?"
    I have many after show orders. The small desk clocks that support the area colleges do well also.
    Some of the POM do well. The Black Forest Mini me project went fast this weekend, they were small and well done,thanks to MT,
    They are not quick sellers, but when the right person walks in the go.
    This weekend is Catholic school festival, one day and parents come out and support the school. I will have a lot of religious articles,
    praying hands plaques, last suppers, samples of the the stations of the cross, again sell possiblies. I also did a few yard and wall plaques with the
    school logo to show them to the parents and take orders.

Perry B.
    My Shop 1044

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    the fool to the left."

Quote Originally Posted by myshop1044 View Post
    DickB, if you go to my web site and look at my gallery, I have many coasters, yard signs, address signs.
    I also sell possiblies at the show. They see what I have made and then start to ask "can you make a sign with this on it?"
    I have many after show orders. The small desk clocks that support the area colleges do well also.
    Some of the POM do well. The Black Forest Mini me project went fast this weekend, they were small and well done,thanks to MT,
    They are not quick sellers, but when the right person walks in the go.
    This weekend is Catholic school festival, one day and parents come out and support the school. I will have a lot of religious articles,
    praying hands plaques, last suppers, samples of the the stations of the cross, again sell possiblies. I also did a few yard and wall plaques with the
    school logo to show them to the parents and take orders.

Perry B.
    Can I ask you what the desk clock went for price wise, I have no ideal what to charge here, were I live people just don't want to spend the money, lol
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

The clock inserts cost me $9.50, the corian 4 x4 was free,scrap, carving time with setup was 12 min. round off the price and I double it.
    People around here support their collages and want to display their colors.
    I just setup a 4 clock set to match my coaster sled ( 8 x 8 ) and all four run 25 min carving.
    My Shop 1044

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    the fool to the left."

Quote Originally Posted by myshop1044 View Post
    The clock inserts cost me $9.50, the corian 4 x4 was free,scrap, carving time with setup was 12 min. round off the price and I double it.
    People around here support their collages and want to display their colors.
    I just setup a 4 clock set to match my coaster sled ( 8 x 8 ) and all four run 25 min carving.
    This clock cost 9.50 the pattern on CW cost 40.00 is that were you got it
    Last edited by henry1; 11-06-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Hey Terry,
    I recognize the patterns, but not the boxes. Is that box pattern something that you came up with? They look real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    I don't have many. The only reason I have these is I just thought about pics as we were putting these last two in the bag for a customer. Funny thing is, although we sold several different items, including a cribbage table, the majority of sales were for these guys. I had six at the show. They all went for $45 for the recipe box including sales tax and recipe cards and dividers and the tea box's at $40 each including sales tax. We also sold out on the folding cribbage boards (6) @$40 each. I didn't get any pics of the folding boards. One each of a couple of other things. We started including sales tax in the price that we we don't have to dig for change as much, just easier that way.
    JerryB:.

Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

One of the reasons that I ask is a forum member is considering this as full-time employment. Would you be willing to offer your opinion on that? For the items that you make and sell, can you estimate what your hourly wage would be if you paid yourself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast