Thread: power supply

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Default power supply

has anyone every had to order a new power supply? if so how much does one cost? I have a machine that is hard down and with trouble shooting and wiggleing some wires found the connector on power supply to be loose from vibrations.

I'm not sure. I tried to find my bill. From memory it was under $100 and then you get a rebate when you retunr old power supply. I think all done around $60. Sorry couldn't be more helpful
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

I see you joined in 2007 like ME and I have a "A" version... This series is plagued with the L2 Coil Problem in the Power Supply... IT is a heavy copper coil wound around a ferrite core. It is glued but many in 2007 did not get enough glue and vibrated until the copper wires snap inside the board. I say inside as where the wire is inserted in the top of the board and then bent over on the under side and soldered.. It usually snaps where it is bent over inside the board....

Added the Pictures. You could print the pictures and take the power supply to a TV Repair Guy and He could fix it. Not a job for the in experianced... You can over heat the copper pad and destroy the board...

You may have more than one machine.... Don't know... But a Sure Fix is to replace the Power Supply. A QC or Quick Change once worn does a High Speed Vibration that wrecks the Power Supply and other components.... A ROCK or CarveTite are best. Will save you money in the end...

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03700_WEB.jpg   DSC03710_WEB.jpg   DSC03713_WEB.jpg   DSC03707_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-11-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com