Thread: 1st fall craft show this year

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default 1st fall craft show this year

We just had our first fall show for this year and it turned out very well. I guess the economy may be starting to come back a little. Maybe the promise of the coming election, I don't know. I do know that it was in the top two or three all time shows for us. We could have done even more but we sold out on the two most popular items. Now the problem is re-supplying everthing we sold in the next week so we can be ready for the next show. I don't know if I can do it or not, we are gonna try.

The guy in the booth next door told me on Saturday that he had some wood in his garage that he wanted to get rid of so he brought it in to me on Sunday. It was a 6 foot 1x6 of 4x4 koa and another of something I haven't identified yet. It is extremely dense and heavy, very dark with redish color. I know the koa is worth about $40 for the 3 board feet of 100% heartwood.
    Good luck, if you are going to be doing craft shows on through the holidays, besides the fun you might make a few bucks this year.
    Last edited by TerryT; 11-05-2012 at 10:05 AM.