Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: few more projects - frat paddle, tube holder, sawblade sign

Default few more projects - frat paddle, tube holder, sawblade sign

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've been busy working on the RV woodworking blog (more to come on that) and have had a couple of projects in the works.

First, a walnut holder for an old vacuum tube for a friend of a friend- made some beer on this one. This project was made much easier with the new 3d tools- just puff and carve - the holes were made using the drill tool and came out PERFECTLY- the customer was very happy.

Second, a shop sign for a fellow woodworker- made a pretty good price for this considering my only cost was some scrap pine ($35)
    It is 11" across

Finally, on Saturday I had a potential customer call me- he was referred from a local woodworking store (thanks guys!) who were showing off some pics of my work. He wanted a fraternity paddle - I did up a design and his response was "oh wow... I didn't want something quite so professional looking!" (a good thing IMHO!)

At any rate, I dumbed it down a bit to make it look a bit more "rustic" and this is what I came up with. Because of a short time-constraint, there was a rush fee for this job as well. Needless to say, I'm getting a tidy profit from this $6.50 piece of pine....

As always, thanks for looking,
    Lawrence

Lawrence,

I really enjoy seeing your projects. You are amazing!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Lawrence, Your work is of a master ,simply amazing . My Muse arrived to day, learning curve is up there, That's ok.

Capt Barry

5. Default

Wow, very impressive. Nice work Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    Finally, on Saturday I had a potential customer call me- he was referred from a local woodworking store (thanks guys!) who were showing off some pics of my work. He wanted a fraternity paddle - I did up a design and his response was "oh wow... I didn't want something quite so professional looking!" (a good thing IMHO!)

At any rate, I dumbed it down a bit to make it look a bit more "rustic" and this is what I came up with. Because of a short time-constraint, there was a rush fee for this job as well. Needless to say, I'm getting a tidy profit from this $6.50 piece of pine....

As always, thanks for looking,
    Lawrence
    Nice projects Lawrence.. please forgive me if the answer to this question is obvious but why the dowel?

I think if I was the hitter it would be great, but if I was the hitty I would want smaller. Nice job
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Thanks all- I appreciate the support... these were fun projects.

Dan, the dowel is because of the short grain "weak spot" on the cross. I drilled holes from each side and drove dowels until they met in the middle. This makes this area much less prone to breaking.

Lawrence

I knew there was a reason for it but I just couldn't figure it out. Your a true Craftsman my friend and if you get close to my area during your travels I would like to meet up with you. Keep up the beautiful work.

Your work never fails to impress and amaze me! But I am pretty envious of that vacuum tube! What a geek statue!
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast