Thread: Looking to sell also need to know how much it's worth.

Default Looking to sell also need to know how much it's worth.

I'm looking to sell my CompuCarve because I really just don't have time for it. I puchased it in 2010 second hand from a guy off CL. He said he never had it setup and running. I actually believe him. He purchased it at the St. Louis Woodworking Show. I'm going to assume that was also in 2010. It was a refurb unit. I spoke with one of the guys that worked at the booth and he told me everything was legit so I purchased it for $800. Not long after I purchased it, I upgraded to the Carvetight Chuck. My intention for the unit was to make templates for my profile grinder. (molding templates) It's a side business of mine, and I couldn't afford a specially designed cnc. It worked pretty good. I also just played with it because it's a pretty cool machine. Well, later that year, I ended up getting an actual cnc template maker. Since then, I haven't used the CompuCarve. They are such neat machines but I just don't have time for it. I know that was long winded, but I wanted you to know why I am selling.

So here's the machine specs:
    Model # 113.217540
    Ser # AX.009.880
    Firmware Rev: 1.171.08594
    Firmware Build: 0709:172314
    Sec. Rev: 7
    Cut Motor: 6hrs/19min
    Total on time: 329hrs/18min
    Servo Time: 8hrs/14min
    Carvetight chuck upgrade
    3 bits: 1/16 cutoff, 1/8 cutoff, and 1/16 carving bit.
    Homemade dust collection
    Memory card
    Memory card reader(for computer)

As far as the dust collection goes, I made my own out of sheetmetal. It works pretty good, but I have a pretty strong dust collector that it hooks too. I'm not to sure it would work as good hooked to a vacuum. It has a 4" port. If youre going to use a vacuum, you may have to buy one, I dont know. I had to cut a slot out of the top cover for it to work.
    You can tell by the low hours it hasn't been used much. Everything works great and I have some videos of it in action so you would know it works. (would have to send them to you by phone)

I think it's everything someone would need to get started. I never purchased any software and the designer software is free.

So, I need to know what it's worth. And, is anyone interested. I would rather sell it to someone here than on CL. I just feel if I sold it on CL, I would have to explain every detail of the machine. I would think if you found it on this forum, you would know what you're looking for. I still have the box. And, I expect the purchaser to pay shipping, however, I only expect what UPS charges me. I'm not looking to make any money off shipping.

I will be adding pictures soon. I'm having camera issues.

Thanks for looking,
    Lucas
    BTW, I'm near Cape Girardeau Mo if you would live close by and like to avoid shipping.

Nice Post.... Sorry the time didn't work out for keeping it... This would make a nice 2nd machine for someone...

I will skip my usual used price quote and let the forum work it's magic matching up machines and users....

Good Luck,

AL

The Happy Medication is working.... Just kidding... LOL...
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Sounds like a nice machine and would make a good addition for anyone. I think $700. would sell it quickly and a fair price to start at plus shipping. Good Luck?
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Sent you a PM THANKS

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Sale pending.

**Sold**

Thanks guys,
    Congrats Ed.