Thread: Tracing an image

Default Tracing an image

I am trying to import a simple line drawing into designer and then trace it. Is there a way to do this? I can import it but cannot figure out how to get to a point where I can trace it. The program wants to just turn it into a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I am trying to import a simple line drawing into designer and then trace it. Is there a way to do this? I can import it but cannot figure out how to get to a point where I can trace it. The program wants to just turn it into a pattern.
    Dale,

This might best be done on another program like paint.net or any other editor. Or even try to lower the settings in the import box while bringing it into designer...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes, turn it into a pattern and then make a 14 x 14 board in designer and make the pattern as big as you can. Then turn off Perspective or you will get parallax as you move the pattern to the left or right of center. Then using the line tools and curves trace the image. IF you want to end up doing a Cut Path around the final image you need to be sure to attach the last node in a circle of the pattern to the first node in the pattern. Make sure that each node glows red as you connect the next line.

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

That worked, Thanks
    Dale

Default Tracing

I made a lesson in May of 2009 titled "Design a Stain Glass Project". I think it will give you a good perspective on the process.
    This link will take you to my "Download" section which is in my signature section below.
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-...0downloads.htm
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Bud, Just watched your Design a Stain Glass Project video and that cleared up everything.
    Thank you very much
    Dale