Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Blender bas releif node patch

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by unknowncarver View Post
    So I have a question if you get these models free on the internet then use this software to make patterns, how many of you will be selling the patterns and is this copywright infringement? I have read the posts about sellers and it seems many are angry with some sellers but seems everyone is getting free pictures off the net and making patterns and selling them even state logos etc. Even LHR staff is encouraging people to sell state logos if they are not copywrighted. As a newbie to this forum I am confused about all of this.
    Are you really asking for legal advice on a woodworking forum?

2. Default

Thanks for the call Dale. Hope the info helped.

Eromran,

Thats the one I am eyeing up. How good is the resolution? How long is the scanning process?..small things come out ok?
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

All your questions is the only learning curve there is.What i mean is you can scan something in right away and it will be pretty good but by using the same scan you can change a lot of things that will affect the scan time for example if you do a 360 scan you can pick 4-16 scans or you can do a bracket scan which is 3 scans or a single scan you can change the Resolution also. Silver and pouter does not scan well unless you put talc on it. Something interesting was i was trying to scan a model of a stealth in and it was terrible because of the angles if i would have messed with it longer it would have worked out. Just as you know when you take stl's if their the wrong size when you put them in designer or make a bas relief you loose a lot of detail but i think the software and way you are doing it would really open up what scans would work. fill free to email me if talking is easier i'm a bad typer. One more thing when i bought my scanner they had a 30 day money back guarantee and i did not think for a minute of returning it it. As far as small things it has a macro setting on it. enarmore@hotmail.com

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Are you really asking for legal advice on a woodworking forum?
    I am not the only one discussing these issues on this forum. But, yes I guess I am. LOL.

Unknown carver

This thread is about Blender...why not create your own thread to help with your confusion of patterns other make...not even sure why you would be confused if someone else makes something...but IMO to download free patterns on this forum and re-sale on e-bay pretty cheesey...those sellers must be super hard up for a dollar..LOL
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

7. Default

I agree about ebay sellers, sorry to hijack this post, it was not intended. Like Rosanna Rosanna Dana, Never mind.

8. Default

After an eternity as a professional I can say without any doubt, the best advice you will ever get is......
    Do not seek or offer legal advice on a wood working forum.

If you need legal advice ( I'm guessing you do) contact an attorney. Especially a copywright attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Doug - It's worth downloading..very fun..just really neat to get a render of releif no matter what the angle of the model and keep detail.

Leo - you can use just blender. The pics below are me playing with zbrush and modo..however you dont really need to learn modeling to use this plug. You just need to be able to find free models which there are a ton of them out there. If you dig down to the begining of this thread there is a guy selling how to videos for 38 bucks.
    Thanks for the Information

Leo

Here is another one I did of a plate of fruit full 3d...has anyone else tried this yet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BPR_Depth.jpg   FRUIT PLATE1.jpg   SC1.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast