Page 88 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern sharing depot

Quote Originally Posted by will george View Post
    Does anyone use their CarveWright for making templates for use with a hand held or router table. I think it is a perfect application for this machine. The main reason for getting mine. Making a smooth template can take more time than the whole job! I have not found any posts where folks use their machine for this. But then again, maybe I did not look in the right places.

I have not run my machine yet because it is to cold in my shop. I may have to wait a few months.. Damn...

Anyway, I usually use 1/2 inch MDF for my temporary templates and the 3/8 to 3/4 inch 'good quality' birch multi-ply for ones I'll keep around for awhile.

MDF makes huge amounts of dust. Birch multi-ply seems to have some tough glue between the 9 plies.

Any recommendations?

I use mine for making router inlay templates quite a bit. I use acrylic or mdf depending on how much I plan on using the template. The 2 main reasons that I prefer a template over using the machine are:
    1. Size restrictions like putting an inlay on a headboard for instance.
    2. With a template and a router inlay kit I can make the mating inlay match perfectly, that would be very very time consuming trying to get a perfect fit of an irregular shape with the Designer program.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_0477.jpg  

I think it is funny that you want the machine for the exact opposite reason that i did. ;>)

We are all alike and very different.. Whoever we are.. Just very different and all the same SOMETIMES! What make talking to folks a good day!

AND

I have a bitmap that I scanned from an old book. No artist here. OK, so I have a hard time making a three year old childs stick man.

Old man and lost my objections for asking for help!

I am making two Canopy beds for 'OUR' adopted China dolls. I would like to make a pattern to carve out the Tester (thing on top of the bed).. LONG boards and at least one inch thich at the moment. I san go thinner but not thicker... So I want/need a template to do that using my trusty old routers!

I loaded my bitmap into the CarveWright editor and it just did not look right to me...

The patterns will make open 'grillwork' or a pattern I will index down the length of the Tester to cut out the 'holes'??? I think I will try 1/2 inch thick wood for all parts of the Tester. Sapele and Panga laminted together if that matters.

Not knocking the CarveWright at all! Just to much work for it as I would think. So I want a nice cutout for routing. drilling. whatever it takes!

A very old classic Chinese grillwork but my cheep old scanner always messes it up someplace.

I have spent days trying to correct the the scan. Two feet forward and three back!

I am wanting about a 4 by 4 inch cutout.

AND I have no idea to post my less than perfect bitmap of what I need...

Hello,

We would love to see your bitmap.

You can easily post any pictures by selecting the "Manage Attachments" option below the text input window where you type your messages.

It will open a new window and you just navigate to your photo and click on it to add/upload.

Let us know if you need any further help with that. We love photos and want to be sure everyone can post some whenever they wish.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Classic Chinese lattice Pattern Design

I was just trying to use my imagination on the open panel pattern
    and 4 posted bed you were describing.
    A little raggedy, but some Vector lines could clean it up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bed.jpg   Pattern 1ab.jpg   Re-sized Lattice.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kenm810; 03-26-2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added Photos
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Hey will george, you surely don't have as much problems making a stick man as I do. I have to use a ruler to make one.

6. Question Last Supper Design

Hi Everyone, I am new here, and am in need of a pattern for the last supper, that will be put on an 11 X 14 or larger peice for my church. I would like it to have good detail if possible. You can post it here or if you want send me an email.

Thank You, and God Bless

Pastor Thomas J. Scott

Hello and Welcome,
    http://forum.carvewright.com/attachm...2&d=1229009404

Here is a link to one of the mpc's that are posted. There may be more. If you want to take a look for more, just click on search and type "last supper" in the quotation marks and you will find many threads.

Good luck

Jeff

Jeff Corder

Default Last Supper

If you go to http://store.carvewright.com/search....=search&page=1 you will find several.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by PastorTomScott View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am new here, and am in need of a pattern for the last supper, that will be put on an 11 X 14 or larger peice for my church. I would like it to have good detail if possible. You can post it here or if you want send me an email.

Thank You, and God Bless

Pastor Thomas J. Scott
    Last Supper MPC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last Supper.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Thank you..
    My beds will be a bit more Western style with Chinese 'thoughts on design?'

More like a Pencil Post Canopy Bed with Chinese Carvings and Tester Grill Work. Very difficult work to do in my small shop because of all the pieces and the lengths.

I order a CD and Book 'Chinese Lattice Designs CD-ROM and Book' from Dover Press.

I found out my problem was ME! Would you believe that? I used some old graph paper (10'th of Inch) I had around to draw my original pattern. All the pattern parts were 8X10 inch so they fit my junk old scanner (which does a nice job at keeping things square)..

Anyway, after much fustration, I found out that the roll of old paper must have distorted over time in storage and the grid (paper) was no longer square. I drew to the warped grid..

It is amazing how a few pixels off square can ruin everything when it comes to using a scanner! I should have realized this because I use to use some very expensive scanners and they did the very same thing. I just forgot about it.

Now if I could only figgure out how to draw using vectored curves like a Pro. Takes me hours and then I cannot seem to get them tied together as a unit.

NO ARTIST here! As I recall, I had Quark Express? that even I could do those curves and come out in a useable hunk of curves and whatever...

Sorry, I tend to ramble on.. Old Mechanic, Woodworker here.

Have Fun Folks!

Page 88 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast