Page 288 of 332 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3315

Thread: Pattern sharing depot

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Was looking at the xmas coaster thread in the gallery and had an idea..can't take credit for the snowman or boy..free stl I found. I just made the basic shape..Gotta to play around with zbrush Poly Painting..very fun and addictive. The Mpc was just a hair too big to post so I attached the depth map.
    would you share the project

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    This is an interesting pattern. Called a Celtic-triskill. This one pattern made the second image, by placing 8 of the same pattern on top of each other, and rotating each.
    Thanks!

LG

Henry1, just save the image on the right to your computer. Start designer, click file, import image, and find the image you downloaded, from there finish and save the ptn to your favorites.

Before clicking finish you can remove the background using the lower slide bar.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Anyone need a set of angle wings? Second image is the original, I colored in the feathers for height (was just an outline).
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    JDPratt,

"Keepsake Box" I'm setting mine up as a four corner posted box,
    But you can modify the mps files to suit your needs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9qm2svvb258szvl "Box Lid"

I'll have a carving inside the bottom of the ones I do,
    with an OG. Base to Match the shape of the Lid.
    Ken,

I am definitely not one to really comment on the fantastic patterns and work that you and others produce, but a few comments on this box after carving. (most are due to my own inattention.) The carving depth is really deep which leaves little material for a strong lid of this size. I should have reduced the depth a little before carving so as to leave a little more thickness for at least the lid. The front and back panels are of different depths; easily fixed before the carving by changing both to .25" depth of carve. I think the one thing I would change about the pattern is to route a 45 with the 90V bit around the pattern on the top before transitioning to the uncarved area on the borders of the top. The way it is now leaves a pretty deep void between the two areas that makes for a somewhat strange transition. Again, thanks to you and JP for the work on the pattern. I hope to post my variation on this box as soon as it comes out of the finish room. I am not tech smart enough to change the routing areas myself but I thought these might be food for thought if you haven't already carved these yourself. Total carve time for my variation on this was 17 hours on optimal.
    Last edited by JDPratt; 09-09-2010 at 10:45 AM.

JD

When I made the patterns I just "threw" them up if you will...LOL was never really thinking the whole project through...figured the patterns could be adjusted in designer for whoever wanted to carve it
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

My Bad,

I was planing to have the Front and Back carved at .375 deep
    and the Sides carved at .250 deep. The 14"x14" Lid on mine is to be carved from
    a glued up Hard Maple 1" thick - to match the 1"x1" size of the corner posts -- Sorry for any confusion.
    It's not the first time -- and most likely won't be the last.

Thanks for Pointing it out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lid Thickness.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

No complaints from me, I appreciate the efforts you guys put into it. I guess I was just posting some thoughts or experiences from my carve. I am sure yours will be okay with 1" stock. I milled mine down to 7/8" so it was okay. I know others use strickly 3/4" which could lead to some awfully thin boards in areas. The only thing I would change is to put in a chamfered edge on the top between the pattern and the to make the transition more appealing. You guys are the masters at that stuff. I haven't delved into the sofware enough to be able to really change existing patterns. I rely on you guys (and others on the forum) to keep me going and save the day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxtop.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	253.9 KB 
ID:	38567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxoblique.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	38566Here's what I did, a little smaller- 6 1/2 X 6 1/2 X 3 1/2 in walnut. Shallowed out the patterns a little. Has a coat of sanding sealer only, need to add hinges and latch before finishing.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by earlyrider View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxtop.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	253.9 KB 
ID:	38567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxoblique.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	38566Here's what I did, a little smaller- 6 1/2 X 6 1/2 X 3 1/2 in walnut. Shallowed out the patterns a little. Has a coat of sanding sealer only, need to add hinges and latch before finishing.
    Ron

Beautiful job, Ron!!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 288 of 332 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298 ... LastLast