Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE grayscale depthmap .jpg

Really Really Cool Stuff
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

2. Default

I may just top my monthly 120Gb bandwidth.. I'm downloading them one by one, and there is over 250 pages....

The site is a sharing site.. the creators upload their work and get credit points. They can use these points to download the high rez originals. Permission is granted to use those grayscale for carving, but not to resale the grayscales. There are several other sites in China with those grayscales, but they put more obvious watermarks and they are lower rez.
    the biggest site I found sell a collection of near 6000 pics on a hard-disk, including artcam 2008 and some other cam software, for around $500. Incredible...
    http://bbs.ooopic.com/tuku.php?u=fcg...&page=&page=02
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

I must have downloaded a hundred images.

Here's one I just did.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Running Horses.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	52087
    Custom Built Quilt Hangers and Quilt Racks.

once again- great site! Are you actually downloading the pics or just saving the greyscales? I tried to register so I could download but was unable to register successfully.

Lawrence

5. Default

I'm just saving the pics. I did register, you need to open a Tencent QQ account which is the chinese ICQ like instant messaging. Then I tried to download but I still need to do some translating.
    Almost 600 grayscale saved and I'm only at page 46... long weekend ahead.
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Hey Pratyeka,
    Just wondering if you've been able to locate other sites like this one. These pics are awesome and now I'm on a kick of trying to find other "grayscale" sites.

JerryB

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    Okay, here is what I have been up to. CNC router sales from China is a big business there. Looking at the various adds, some of those show beautiful carvings of traditional chinese designs... so I thought, there must be someone making the depthmaps, because not every cnc carver in china is a 3d artist...seriously.
    After days of googling various keywords, and finding nothing, I decided to try searching in chinese language. Got lucky!
    If you have the google toolbar installed, you can configure it to automatically translate the web page you are in.
    If not, doesn't matter, this page is easy enough to navigate. at the bottom, you will find the familiar "next page" and "page number" navigation stuff.
    there are thousands of grayscale depthmap picture available. Just import directly into designer, or use your favorite picture editor to trim, resize or clean, then import into designer.
    Have fun!
    http://www.nipic.com/design/25/1.html
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Great find I have downloaded several myself, some one once told me that there was something simular to this in Russia, i couldnt find it though.
    steve
    Start U Member

http://cnc3dart.narod.ru/free.html

one I found a while back..nowhere close to the amount pratyeka found
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

9. Default

http://cnc.userforum.ru/viewtopic.php?id=245&p=21

This is a page from a Russian CNC user forum. There is a list of links related to free 3d models. Haven't had time to check them yet.
    Used the google translator to find that one.

Great find, will have to explore that site.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast