Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had my CW for a year now and still have not used it

1. Default Had my CW for a year now and still have not used it

I bought my CW after I was in a bombing in the Middle East and I still can not figure out how to use it or what software I have or need.
    I do have some brain damage, and I am looking for someone around me that can help me and get everything set up.
    Please

Arlin

2. Default

I wish I was in Iowa but you might post where in Iowa you live and maybe someone close to you will go help. Good Luck and God Bless.

3. Default

I live in Council Bluffs, IA, right next to Omaha, NE. I would even pay some gas money here. It depends on how far you live. lol

still hoping I'll get a TDY up that way sometime soon so that I can help you out man-
    Lawrence

Arlin - I am in Cottage Grove, Minnesota ... if you happen to get up this way, you're welcome to stop by my shop. I don't get down your way...not sure how many miles between us...I used to travel to Ames,IA for work...that was a 3 hour trip, I think.
    Rick P -- ( Designer v.1.187 + Rock + Dust Devil)
    Carver in Minnesota
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford, 38th President

Arlin - I should add that if you have the old QC for holding your bits and you really want to have fun with the CW, you should consider upgrading to the new CW bit holder or the "Rock" (which I have).

I had troubles with the QC, but with the Rock system the CW became fun.
    Rick P -- ( Designer v.1.187 + Rock + Dust Devil)
    Carver in Minnesota
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford, 38th President

Arlin,

Thank YOU for your Service to OUR Country. Sorry you were in a Blast. I wish you the BEST.

First question is the Software. It is FREE and can be downloaded from the CarveWright Site. It will be a 30 day Trial of the latest software. You will need to contact LHR and get your Trial Version Activated by giving them your machine Serial Number.

Things you may want to ADD that will make your Carving more FUN....

1. Like posted above. If your machine has a QC or Spring Loaded Chuck, getting either the ROCK Chuck from Ron Justice a member here or ordering the Carve Tite from LHR. The QC can Throw the Bits if you don't get the bit set correct... And can Vibrate when Worn...

2. Buy Centerline Text, its a Add On...

3. Buy Conforming Vectors to be able to add Text in a recessed area.

4. Later a Scanning Probe would be good and then the Pattern Editor... But that is more advanced.

As you have any Mechanical or Troubleshooting Questions, let me know via a PM or my Phone Number is on my website below along with my email. digitalwoodshop(AT)aol.com Just let me know...

Good Luck,

AL

Retired Navy
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

8. Default

Al
    I have a scan probe and do not know what to do with it.
    On your #1 item I do not know what you are talking about and do not know what to check.
    Does CW take Paypal? The VA made my wife my faduciary and I have no accounts or CC. I just get some money amonth and put it into the Paypal account..

I do have a website for Loving Hands Memory Boxes - http://www.lovinghandsmemoryboxs.com and I have an individual from the WoodNet helping me with that. It is how I met Lawrence the guy below this post.
    I used to be a really proud guy and not ask anyone for help and just helping others all the time.
    Now I have to swallow my pride and always ask for help.

Thank You
    Arlin

9. Default

Rick
    Sorry buddy I do not know if I have a QC or what and do not know how to check. I do know that it is 3 years old and got it used from another guy.
    Also what is the price of the Rock? I have a fairly low budget.

10. Default

Lawrence
    That would be a God sent to have you come here. I have seen your awesome work. However, before you do I would like to get all of the stuff I need listed by the guys above and that would take 6 months or so depending on the cost of hardware and software.
    I will have to call down there and see what strings I have to pull. Maybe a rope for some of them. lol

Arlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast