Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January Contest.

1. Default January Contest.

The month of December told the tale, with over 50 downloads of the Free pattern and only a few entrys. For the month of January there will be no contest and I am evaulating what this means for the future of this contest. It seems that even if the pattern is free there are only going to be a few that enter. I am going to continue to do something but I am not sure what it will be.

Those that have won a monthly contest will still be eligible to enter the Big contest at the conference.

Thanks, Jason

I'm sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to it!

I thought last months pattern was the best yet and allowed the competitors the most creativity in their designs.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I for one enjoy the contests. I didn't get a chance to do anything for November or December. I actually got the December project designed but couldn't get the parts together in time. Sorry it isn't going over better.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

I also was looking forward to the next contest pattern. I'm just now finishing my second project with the December pattern. Hope there is something more in the future.

I downloaded the pattern because I was curious what it looked like and what the quality was. I'll admit I never had any intention of making something for the contest (or probably ever using the pattern at all.) It has nothing to do with the pattern, which was very nice - I am not much of a contest person, and am not a holiday person either. And as for many, December was a very busy month for me. That's not to say if the right pattern was presented at a time I had some free time that I would not join such a contest.

Regardless of my never participating, I have enjoyed seeing what the members have come up with for the projects.

7. Default

It is too bad the contest is ending. I enjoyed keeping up with it and always wanted to get involved but each month I seemed to busy and my one machine was busy carving paying projects or Christmas gifts. There have been a lot of contests come and go its too bad they have not caught on.

8. Default

Ok, guys ... I did not say that I was ending the contest. I said there was no contest for the month of January - with the holidays and website work that I have been doing, woodworking show schedule that starts this weekend and other things called life, I thought we would all take a break. The contest will be back in February I am just not sure what the prizes will be. I can do this contest as long as it pays for itself but I can not PAY to host a contest.

Thank you for your concern and hope to see you all in he contest next month.

That is very understandable Jason. Dec is a very busy month if I don't say so myself, I didn't get everything done I wanted to myself let alone the contest. sounds like you keep your plate pretty full....good luck
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Hi Jason!

I hope that I didn't detect a bit of irritation in your note. It certainly was not my intention to upset anyone. I really have enjoyed the contest and not for the prizes. It just gave me a good excuse to get creative with our machine. Being unable to participate in the November and December I totally understand being busy. If the contest goes on great if not so be it. Glad that you are busy with your business!

Thanks
    Jim
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast